lazy midweek sesh

Krispy !

Woke up this morning at about 8am and had nothing better to do so decided to head out to the harbour for a king sesh, took a while but finally got a little squid and as soon as it was out my rod was buckled over and screaming, had to dodge a few lines but finally was in the clear and the battle was on, I let it tire out away from structure and after a few solid runs and taking me down deep I had it in sight, not a bad kingfish. Another fella netted it for me and it went 79cm. This king had a tag in it so it was released along with 5 others around 60cm in the next 3 hours. The tag had some algae growing on it so couldn't really get any details off it and didn't want to keep the king out for too long.

post-11865-0-17391100-1455085863_thumb.jpg

Nice! If you don't mind what was the general area, I'm stuck to landbased myself atm so am keen for tips on good areas (don't need to give away specifics just a general area)

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

North Sydney bud just use light line around 10lb and small livebaits and you will hookup

Good on you for releasing too, I couldn't have helped myself if I bagged a legal king, it'd be straight home for dinner!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

hahaha it was definitely on the cards but I promised myself id release the next good king I get tagged or not. No problem at all with taking a tagged one

Nice session mate. Probably tagged by Seamus or Gianni.

Just on the tag, and I'm not having a go, should it be removed and sent to DPI?

Or is record and release the way to do it?

Pretty sure its record and send the number to fisheries with the length of the fish recorded and location, i did neither lol the next person who catches it might do it Edited by Krispy !

Hey krispy nice catch and an even better release!!

BTW tried to send you a PM but says you can't receive any messages?

Thanks mate, its probably because my inbox is full ill have to delete some messages

Awesome fish Kareem!

Thanks Pete!

That is a nice fish Krispy, especially on the lighter gear.

Cheers yowie, it was a great fight :D

when u catch a tagged fish all u need to do is get the number off the tag and call fisheries. the tag does not need to be removed but you can keep the fish if you want to. people put a lot of time and effort into tagging and releasing fish it would be good to see them being reported as it can reveal some interesting information.

That's not a tag Kareem...

Its an antenna for one of your radio controlled Kingies that you seem to catch pretty much every time you go out.

Well done yet again!

hahahaha maybe it is thanks fragmeister!

when u catch a tagged fish all u need to do is get the number off the tag and call fisheries. the tag does not need to be removed but you can keep the fish if you want to. people put a lot of time and effort into tagging and releasing fish it would be good to see them being reported as it can reveal some interesting information.

ill keep that in mind next time I catch one :)

Well done mate, did you get all of them on squid baits? Regards, John.

mainly live squid but 1 on cuttlefish and 1 on yellowtail as well

The King is back long live the kingy slayer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

hahahaha thanks mate