Valentine's Day.

p-ziller

After multiple unsuccessful attempts to get my old man out doors to throw a line in, I was able to convince him somehow to go on ‘Valentine’s Day’. Or, maybe my mum convinced him that the best gift he could get her was solitude…. Either way it was good to get out.

The game plan was that we would be at the Nepean at around 7am, I eventually heard from the old man at around 8. The missus and I packed the car, headed off and eventually met up with him around 9.

My dad, (KG as we refer to him as) had a little pep in his step that morning. After recently purchasing himself a new rod he was determined to hook up! We headed out landbased around Yarramundi.

It was a very humid day, especially trekking it through all the dense foliage and undergrowth. The cicadas were humming and the river was flowing slowly, what I believe to be good bass conditions.

The three of us were making our way along the bank casting at structure and ‘fishy looking’ parts of the river. KG and Kat had spinner baits on while I wanted to sharpen up on my hardbody game.

It wasn’t long until the old man was on, only then to lose it at his feet. A few more casts and slow retrieves then bang, he was on again!

This time I ran over to give him a hand with this fantastic specimen of a bass (no tape but I estimate it was around the 27 mark). KG had a grin on him from ear to ear!

Although both Kat and I were unsuccessful, it was good to see dad so stoked.

post-37344-0-83840400-1455487016_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Paul.

Awesome report Paul!!

Great to see you finally got the old guy onto a few. Also great to see your still enjoying. For every unsuccessful trip there'll be two or three successful ones as we found out that one time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome report Paul!!

Great to see you finally got the old guy onto a few. Also great to see your still enjoying. For every unsuccessful trip there'll be two or three successful ones as we found out that one time. :)

Thanks Matty!!!

I hope so, hope you are well!

Cheers,

Paul.

Bloody love that photo!! His face says it all. Like a kid at christmas time!! Haha well done mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Camo, he was literally shaking. He has been talking about it for months but keeps changing his mind.

A tribute to the amazing things that can happen when you venture outdoors.

Camo, he was literally shaking. He has been talking about it for months but keeps changing his mind.

A tribute to the amazing things that can happen when you venture outdoors.

Ahh i love this report. Inspires all us fishos.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk