Campbelltown bass

Brendan138

Hi guys.

First year I've tried bass fishing in the upper georges. I've lived in Campbelltown all my life and have never even thought to try till now. I've caught a few fish. Nothing huge. Biggest has been 26cm. Hopefully get a bigger one before they start heading back downstream. But Im surprised how well it fishes. Especially being only 15min from my house.

Does anyone recommend and spots or lures that work particularly well in the georges? I've caught all my fish on cicada surface lures in the morning as the sun comes up..

Hey mate fish the river myself are you landbased.The river tends to throw up a lot of fish on the smaller side of 30cm better size fish tend to be downstrem towards glenfield.When the sun gets high i find small floating shallow diving hard bodies in orange/gold work well cast tight to structure they will often get hit on the surface,let sit for 10 seconds after casting if no enquiries begin a slow retrieve sort of gives you two bites at the cherry maybe the bass get interested as these lures imitate goldfish which are in the river (but shouldnt be).Good luck hope the big bass find you soon.

Hey bud, yeah I'm land based. I usually walk in around kentlyn. So a fair bit higher then glenfield. Thanks for the lure tips ;). I might have to give downstream a go if I can't find the bigger one. Having said that though I bumped into a guy walking out of the basin who had been fishing. He showed me a photo of a 40cm he got above the water fall at the basin. So I know it least there is one big one upstream somewhere :P

The basin is an awesome spot particularly after dark.I always use my yak now so fish further downstream im getting a bit lazy for the steep walks out around kentlyn.Just be mindful i know a few blokes who have had vehicles broken into there.

Edited by roostersone

• 11 months later...

Had a few hours flicking some surface lures this morning. I lost count how many fish I caught after 7 or 8. It was by far the best bass session I have had. Nothing huge. 30cm being the biggest but I did drop one at my feet that was quite a bit bigger. Was spewing I didn't get a chance to measure it. The water at the moment is beautiful and clear. There are bass everywhere.