Brisbane newby begging for help!

Adsy91

Hi guys,

So I've just gotten back from yet another solid yak session this time on the Coomera river and yet again a big dohnut is the result.

I know that I can't expect to change states and still catch fish as easily but this is ridiculous. Out of the last 10 trips all over 2 hours long, perfect tide times good light conditions, the right lures and a bunch to swap between I have still only landed a throw back bream and a big fork tailed catty.

I am seriously begging anyone in the area (I'm happy to travel up to 1.5hrs) to take me out with them one day. Getting incredibly demoralised by the lack of success and I have been putting in a lot of hours and preparation/research for nothing.

Happy to pay my way and always do my best to make it worth while for whoever helps me out. If you're considering it but not sure...it will be a favor I will not soon forget and happily repay however I can.

Deets are as follows..

25yo male

Living in Riverhills brisbane

Fishing style- lures or livies only. Mostly estuary but pelagics are my favourite.

Have yak, unrestricted license (no boat license yet)

Hoping someone gets back to me [emoji106]

Hey brother. I move to coomera on the 11th of march man. 3 weeks today. Im bringing all 13 rods :)) also have a paddle yak. Will be happy to catch up and suss out areas together. Anything from beach seshs to breakwall and estuaries. Anythung and everything man. Drop me a text on 0403669166

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

3 weeks and counting mate haha I've been putting off trying the mouth of the river at the harbour due to me having to do it in a yak but I will give it a shot next week. I know there are fish there and how to find em just a matter of positioning the yak for the drift...the river runs at about 6-7knots most of the time and the whole river is pretty much 10-12m deep so a lot of water moving plus there's the bull sharks, cargo ships and ferries to contend with. Those things aside I should be able to get onto some flatty's and hopefully a thready or two or a jew...

Coomera is one hell of a productive spot though, I've fished it twice and both times seen countless bream and jacks, it was just too windy in the yak to be fishing tight structure, I did manage to tea bag a jack with a cicada but this was 6lb and gone in a tenth of a second. The locals reckon there's loads of 80cm+ jacks in the coomera and it's not an issue finding them rather than turning them before they snag you up.

3 weeks and counting mate haha I've been putting off trying the mouth of the river at the harbour due to me having to do it in a yak but I will give it a shot next week. I know there are fish there and how to find em just a matter of positioning the yak for the drift...the river runs at about 6-7knots most of the time and the whole river is pretty much 10-12m deep so a lot of water moving plus there's the bull sharks, cargo ships and ferries to contend with. Those things aside I should be able to get onto some flatty's and hopefully a thready or two or a jew...

Coomera is one hell of a productive spot though, I've fished it twice and both times seen countless bream and jacks, it was just too windy in the yak to be fishing tight structure, I did manage to tea bag a jack with a cicada but this was 6lb and gone in a tenth of a second. The locals reckon there's loads of 80cm+ jacks in the coomera and it's not an issue finding them rather than turning them before they snag you up.

Hahahaha awww shit thats so hectic. Just got me so keen haha. Im pumped now. And stoked to find someone so i dont have to explore by myself haha.

Glad you have a bit of inside knowledge already. Ive only got google on myside atm. I cant wait man

G'day Adam and Camo. 2 heads are better than 1 so I'm gunna be pumped when you guys send in ur 1st joint post, detailing your successes on the Coomera. Won't be long now, Good luck guys, Neil

Yeah neil you are right...not long now. 2 weeks today till i hand over the keys down here.

I have been working hard everyday (googling ALOT of fishing spots and secrets)

I am keen to catch up and hopefully have a successful session but either way whack up our first joint post of our first trip. Will take a few days to settle in and work out hours with new job and stuff.

Either way very keen to get up there.

G'day Adam and Camo. 2 heads are better than 1 so I'm gunna be pumped when you guys send in ur 1st joint post, detailing your successes on the Coomera. Won't be long now, Good luck guys, Neil

Cheers Neil! looks like Camo and I have both done the research so between the two of us we are sure to find something! Fingers crossed we have something exciting to report from our first joint endeavor.

Cheers Neil! looks like Camo and I have both done the research so between the two of us we are sure to find something! Fingers crossed we have something exciting to report from our first joint endeavor.

Fish or no fish i have a feeling we will have a wicked trip either way. Im gunna hire a boat about mid april once im settled bro if your keen. Head out to 18 and 24 reefs off the seaway?

Fish or no fish i have a feeling we will have a wicked trip either way. Im gunna hire a boat about mid april once im settled bro if your keen. Head out to 18 and 24 reefs off the seaway?

Sounds good to me my friend, hopefully I'm not sea sick, complete lucky dip with me unfortunately =(

• 6 months later...

Haha we will pop some sea sick tablets before we head out. Or a bourbon or two ;) lol

Are you gents still up this way? I also moved from Sydney. Plenty of time on a boat - still have my boat licence. Having someone to hire a boat with would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk