Yamaha 30 2005 trim issue

Busy-livin

Any one handy with 30 yammies?

I've had a few tiller outboards before this Yamaha 30 and all of which had a lever for manual lift to the trimmed posstion or even to lift completely when beaching. This thing does not!!

For me to lift it I have to get out of the boat pull the pin out and then lift it! Drives me insane !!

seems this locks into the pin ! If I'm on the water and have to lift the motor in a hurry I'm screwed!

Anyone have any idea how I can fix it or is there a trim kit I can get before I take to it with a sledge hammer :@ haha

Cheers

Sorry may be missing the point here - but in my opinion,

The pin that you have in your hand is the trim pin. You adjust it along the row of holes to get the desired trim for when the boat is under way.

Have you tried lifting the motor and using the black lever that is shown in image 2. Flick the black lever up. This is most likely locking your motor in the driver position.

Most motors will have a shallow water drive available. Flick the black lever up and you should find that is has shallow water positioning as well.

Yep that's correct I know that. I've had 4 tiller steer outboards and all have been normal set ups with the lever to release and lift for trim positions or to lift out completely but the issue is this motor locks in and will not move unless I hop out and wrestle to pin out. Then releasing the motor. There is no other way to lift it .

There is no lever to release like usual tiller steers. The black lever in photo 2 is only the lock for when it is all the way up if your with me

That's why I'm stumped and Google has zero on the issue and I can't find what I need on the model tilt trim component!

Ahhhhhh

Yep that's correct I know that. I've had 4 tiller steer outboards and all have been normal set ups with the lever to release and lift for trim positions or to lift out completely but the issue is this motor locks in and will not move unless I hop out and wrestle to pin out. Then releasing the motor. There is no other way to lift it .

There is no lever to release like usual tiller steers. The black lever in photo 2 is only the lock for when it is all the way up if your with me

That's why I'm stumped and Google has zero on the issue and I can't find what I need on the model tilt trim component!

Ahhhhhh

Have you tried to down load the manual/