First Marlin

Sydneyfisher12

hey raiders

headed out off sydney today trying to land my first marlin

hit the water early and loaded up on slimies just outside the heads

the water in close was cold and green so we headed wide. we set the spread 20km out and headed east

as we went out more the water got warmer we got 27.5 there wasn't much out in the super hot water other than stripes so we made the descion to head in

eventually the short corner went off at first i didn't think it was a marlin as i had only put this lure out in hope of a dollie it was barely 5" long.

it was a marlin it had taken a spin combo with 60lb braid it put up a great fight with plenty of ariels after about 25 minutes we got a tag in and by 30 minutes i was holding the bill

it was a first for me a black marlin (est 40-50kg) off sydney in my 480 coast runner.

post-33466-0-69774100-1456661916_thumb.jpg

cheers sydneyfisher12

Great effort and well done to all involved ?

hey raiders

headed out off sydney today trying to land my first marlin

hit the water early and loaded up on slimies just outside the heads

the water in close was cold and green so we headed wide. we set the spread 20km out and headed east

as we went out more the water got warmer we got 27.5 there wasn't much out in the super hot water other than stripes so we made the descion to head in

eventually the short corner went off at first i didn't think it was a marlin as i had only put this lure out in hope of a dollie it was barely 5" long.

it was a marlin it had taken a spin combo with 60lb braid it put up a great fight with plenty of ariels after about 25 minutes we got a tag in and by 30 minutes i was holding the bill

it was a first for me a black marlin (est 40-50kg) off sydney in my 480 coast runner.

12769453_1556446371337808_1014712666_n.jpg

cheers sydneyfisher12

Great work ! .... your results are way better than our effort last Saturday - seems with the same intentions - 20km out set the spread and head east... but ended up with just stripey tuna and one legal dollie on the way back in to the FAD. Good on ya - good to know they are still out there.

• 4 weeks later...