Daiwa Air Edge Surf Rod Advice/Reviews - Or other light surf rod recommendations

captain_cook

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a light surf setup, mainly for targeting small species and the odd salmon off the beach and potentially rocks later down the track.

I was thinking of buying a Daiwa Air Edge Surf, however I'm not sure of what size and action would be the best. I was originally thinking the 106M (320cm Medium) or 110M (335cm Medium).

I don't have a large rod, so I wanted to buy something decent for beach/surf fishing. I mainly use baits such as worms/prawns, but would like to try some metal lures if the conditions/location is suitable.

I was thinking the Air Edge Surf paired with a Daiwa Caldia 3000 or 4000.

Otherwise I was thinking of the Gary Howard Surf Special.

What do you guys think? Any reviews or tips on the Air Edge Surf? Is it suitable for bait fishing? or only lures?

Thanks

I'll let the surf guys fill you in on the rod info but I have a samaki zing surf rod that didn't break the budget and is fine for lures and baits (my theory is if it casts lures you can cast a bait by changing your casting style to suit the weight) but I can guarantee you'll be happy with a caldia, I have two 4000 and a smaller 2000 high speed model that are all three years old, all went for multiple swims and still the smoothest reels in my kit.