Looking for mentor cabramatta

noobstafishing

Hi fishraiders. How are we? I am seeking a fishing mentor in cabramatta,chipping norton, lansvale and liverpool area. I have no boat. Frist time fishing. I u usually fish in kurnell got my 1st bream, bundeena got my first talior.

Just after someone that can teach me to fish around the lansvale are, as i have no sussccess in it. Ive seen people pulling out 10's of fishes while im not getting anything. Feel free to pm me, and we could organise something. Mught be going to try my luck today at 10am.

You'll find that most of the fish around lansvale and the lakes are mullet. Unless the water quality has changed significantly I wouldn't be eating anything from those upper stretches of the Georges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Ric001

Hey buddy thanks for the info. I had some luck today, was using peeled prawn as bait. Tided on a hook suidcd number 3 or 4 then sinker 10g, drictely on to the main line. Was using mono and braid. First started at geogres river rd, on the rigt side on the u shaped sand area. Where the rocks were. Hope that nakes sense. Fished for an 2 hour, i was getting bites, saw the rod bounce up and down a couple of time. However when i decieded to strike it woulnt hook the fish. Gave up moved over to club itilian mounties, fished an hour, was about to give up then saw my rod full on flex, strike and landed myself a 20cn flat head. Shame i could take a picture. As when i was trying to grab it, the fish flop around and manage to unhoik itself.

Is there any tips you could give me regarding why i couldnt hook those bites earlier in the day. Or any tips would be useful to be honest

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Especially with bream they can be wary. My tip is when you see the rod slowly go over wait a second before striking to let them get it down. Works on other species like whiting as well. Often they'll nibble first and then go for the big strike. Waiting has improved my catch and hookup rates significantly. Don't wait too long however :P Goodluck