Lake Stclair

frankS

Not a lot to report unfortunately.

Arrived 10am Friday and the weather was on the turn, by 12 noon it was blowing 40 knots by 2pm the rain had joined the wind and it was coming in sideways straight across the lake which was churning it to a state where a surf board was more appropriate than a fishing line.

The rain only lasted about 1 hour but the wind was relentless and lasted well into the night, I didn't even bother to pitch the tent, just slept in the back of the wagon.

Saturday morning the wind had slowed down to about 10-15 knots, there was still whitecaps in the lake but it was settling down.

By 4pm it was calm enough to launch the boat and go fishing.

Might as well kept the boat on the trailer, by 6.30 the wind was up again about 25 knots and that was it for me, slowly pushed back to the camp site and prepared tea.

Didn't bother going out again, put the boat back on the trailer and headed home.

All in all I will remain doing this trip as the company is worth it. Just might leave the boat home next time and just sit back and enjoy the view.

Frank

• 5 months later...

Not a lot to report unfortunately.

Arrived 10am Friday and the weather was on the turn, by 12 noon it was blowing 40 knots by 2pm the rain had joined the wind and it was coming in sideways straight across the lake which was churning it to a state where a surf board was more appropriate than a fishing line.

The rain only lasted about 1 hour but the wind was relentless and lasted well into the night, I didn't even bother to pitch the tent, just slept in the back of the wagon.

Saturday morning the wind had slowed down to about 10-15 knots, there was still whitecaps in the lake but it was settling down.

By 4pm it was calm enough to launch the boat and go fishing.

Might as well kept the boat on the trailer, by 6.30 the wind was up again about 25 knots and that was it for me, slowly pushed back to the camp site and prepared tea.

Didn't bother going out again, put the boat back on the trailer and headed home.

All in all I will remain doing this trip as the company is worth it. Just might leave the boat home next time and just sit back and enjoy the view.

Frank

Sounds like you did not have a good time mate . But when it fires there are fine fish to be had .

bit surprised to see a reply to this after so long.

Lake StClair is one of my favorite lakes and I have puled many good Bass out of her.

I will be going back around middle of October for another try, I release all fish taken and just love being away from the crowds and being on the water, even when I can't get on the water it's still a great time.

Frank