Boat seat pedestals

Fab1

Who finds those oem boat seat pedestals too low to sit comfortably?I know I do having your knees around your ears.

I contemplated building boat seat boxes for extra height/storage but didn't want the extra weight up front.

So I bought a pair of these and bolted them to the floor.post-20199-0-39745700-1458951540_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-66509200-1458951567_thumb.jpg

Now I don't feel like I'm sitting on the floor when seated anymore.

Visibility isn't a issue as I navigate standing up anyway.

Will see how they hold up.

Cheers.

Guest 4myson

The only problem you'll find is that there made out of mid steel & WILL rust ... I've fitted a set of these to a friends boat & within 6 months surfuce rust everywhere & even stained his carpet ... I've since refitted them with the aluminium large base adjustable & no more problems....

The only problem you'll find is that there made out of mid steel & WILL rust ... I've fitted a set of these to a friends boat & within 6 months surfuce rust everywhere & even stained his carpet ... I've since refitted them with the aluminium large base adjustable & no more problems....

Agreed, I was thinking the same.

Perhaps when they die I will get the dearer aluminium ones or just make some seat boxes up.

When I went out tonight they certainly were better then the originals height wise.

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I came into a little problem with the alloy and stainless base plate. It was too long so I cut 40 ml off. perfect height however it would not fit as the pedestal was tapered. Should have cur the other end. I managed to solve it plus I now have a plug that can be fitted when the seat pole is not used. Solving was putting a new taper hindsight a great thing