TAKING FISHRAIDER FORUM TO THE NEXT LEVEL

25 years in IT and currently working in INFOSEC. I'd be very pleased to be part of the test crew.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Im shore i could help you find bugs..

JD

Edited by Johndory

Guest Guest123456789

Great news Mrs Swordy. It is good that the real agressive angry types aren't about and just the fishos who want to learn and share info about the sport we all love.

Nice work Donna and everyone else involved.

There are some forums out there that have quite punishing formats. One of things i like about Fishraider is it's ease of use. Looks like this will make it even better.

Dave

Thank you. We try very hard :)

Hey Donna, I would disagree with you when you state that you try hard, in fact you Succeed, and that is

why this site and it's members are number one and have outlasted the rest, I will put my hand up for beta testing. love to you and Stewie.

Hey Donna, I would disagree with you when you state that you try hard, in fact you Succeed, and that is

why this site and it's members are number one and have outlasted the rest, I will put my hand up for beta testing. love to you and Stewie.

Thanks Dan comments appreciated :)

That's the beauty of most resigned (responsive) sites, that they don't need an app to work. Looking forward to seeing the redesign. I use iOS, droid and pc's so it will make for an interesting comparison.

Hi Donna, how did the plug-in work out that I sent your way??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the beauty of most resigned (responsive) sites, that they don't need an app to work. Looking forward to seeing the redesign. I use iOS, droid and pc's so it will make for an interesting comparison.

Hi Donna, how did the plug-in work out that I sent your way??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ric still have that on hold - just getting this up on a test site first then load the plugins and other bits and pieces

Thanks for explaining the difference between app and redesign (responsive) sites Steve and Ric ;)

We are pretty much the only fishing website that is still active and relevant - we have survived and outlasted the others because we have quality members that share their experiences with others. We are not an apathetic Admin or Moderation team and we try our very best to keep fishraider a happy and pleasant place to be. It is an active online and offline community. Many people have made lifelong friends on fishraider.

You and all the others that post here have made fishraider the largest repository of fishing information in Australia. Congrats to every member, sponsor and moderator past and present that have made fishraider the best fishing website.

Fishraider isn't just a set of threads with mindless pages of "likes" that people waste time scrolling past. Your feeds are purely fishing related and you don’t have to compete with all the other feeds of stuff that come through other social media pages. Things don’t just get absorbed as you scroll past them – you can actually find them again at any time and subscribe to threads and get detailed notifications.

We are excited to announce that we are about to update and take fishraider to the next level and make it fully mobile.

The new upgrade uses responsive design, meaning it automatically adjusts to look and work great on any device, whether it's a desktop, tablet or smartphone. Don't expect a crippled experience - everything works the same regardless of the device you use. It will allow you to make live reports from the water on your phone and add pics, video and other media more easily than ever before. You can easily find new content. You can sign in with facebook or twitter, google or LinkedIn and instantly add your content to your facebook page or twitter page by ticking a box. It will in fact be an integrated set of apps. You can add cover photos to your profile and do all sorts of things. We will have facilities for blogging, live chat etc as well as the gallery and calendar.

Those people that like the way it is will not notice all that much difference in the way they use fishraider. All the same familiar controls and methods will still be there but the enhancements will be there as well for those that choose to use them.

Watch soon for our changes.

Here is a sneak peek at how it will look on your smart phone

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK

This is such great news Donna! Thank you.

As others have said Tapatalk is horrid...

I'd certainly throw my hand up if you need any help test & targeting site functionality.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Shakey55. From your signature you are using Tapatalk (as I do). Your notifications are probablys coming from your Tapatalk settings. I am using it on an iPad so I hope this works for you.

Go to the 'Me' menu in the bottom of your screen and select Settings. Go to Push Notifications and check what is on. You will probably find everything is on and if you tune that your notifications will drop off.

Regards, Brad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Tastee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...