TAKING FISHRAIDER FORUM TO THE NEXT LEVEL

We are pretty much the only fishing website that is still active and relevant - we have survived and outlasted the others because we have quality members that share their experiences with others. We are not an apathetic Admin or Moderation team and we try our very best to keep fishraider a happy and pleasant place to be. It is an active online and offline community. Many people have made lifelong friends on fishraider.

You and all the others that post here have made fishraider the largest repository of fishing information in Australia. Congrats to every member, sponsor and moderator past and present that have made fishraider the best fishing website.

Fishraider isn't just a set of threads with mindless pages of "likes" that people waste time scrolling past. Your feeds are purely fishing related and you don’t have to compete with all the other feeds of stuff that come through other social media pages. Things don’t just get absorbed as you scroll past them – you can actually find them again at any time and subscribe to threads and get detailed notifications.

We are excited to announce that we are about to update and take fishraider to the next level and make it fully mobile.

The new upgrade uses responsive design, meaning it automatically adjusts to look and work great on any device, whether it's a desktop, tablet or smartphone. Don't expect a crippled experience - everything works the same regardless of the device you use. It will allow you to make live reports from the water on your phone and add pics, video and other media more easily than ever before. You can easily find new content. You can sign in with facebook or twitter, google or LinkedIn and instantly add your content to your facebook page or twitter page by ticking a box. It will in fact be an integrated set of apps. You can add cover photos to your profile and do all sorts of things. We will have facilities for blogging, live chat etc as well as the gallery and calendar.

Those people that like the way it is will not notice all that much difference in the way they use fishraider. All the same familiar controls and methods will still be there but the enhancements will be there as well for those that choose to use them.

Watch soon for our changes.

Here is a sneak peek at how it will look on your smart phone

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK

It's taken me years to figure this existing site out, I'll have to get the grandkids in if anything changes. :banana:

Took me a month to figure out NaCIH20K9.

But I will take it in my stride, What's a smart phone?

Grandad

It's taken me years to figure this existing site out, I'll have to get the grandkids in if anything changes. :banana:

Took me a month to figure out NaCIH20K9.

But I will take it in my stride, What's a smart phone?

Grandad

It will look pretty much the same grandad and I am sure you will be fine :)

Good onya Donna (and Stewy, if he had any input lol) for making this the go to site for Fishos who take pride in their use of it. Like Granpa I won't be needing the super doper techno stuff as my phone is closely related to a building brick. So for those of you who CAN use the new technology, let's see you all contributing and we old farts will continue to look, listen and learn.

welst, on 28 Mar 2016 - 4:48 PM, said:

BRUNG IT ON!

Obviously I'm missing something with NaCIH20K9. So your one up on me grandad. I didn't realise it was meant to mean something.

SALT WATER DOG... come on ,get with it Weist. LOL

BRUNG IT ON!

Obviously I'm missing something with NaCIH20K9. So your one up on me grandad. I didn't realise it was meant to mean something.

NaCi = Salt /H20 = Water /K9= Dog. = Salt Water Dog. Very Smart of Steve to use this.

Grandad

Good onya Donna (and Stewy, if he had any input lol) for making this the go to site for Fishos who take pride in their use of it. Like Granpa I won't be needing the super doper techno stuff as my phone is closely related to a building brick. So for those of you who CAN use the new technology, let's see you all contributing and we old farts will continue to look, listen and learn.

Well said

Grandad

I had a look at the demo video, it showed an iPhone but I use a Samsung s5 so I'm assuming it will be for both phones? I't a great idea and I'm very glad I joined fishraider this weekend there is a lot of info to be gleened from the members here and I'm feeling most welcome and at home, thanks.

I was literally thinking of asking about getting a gallery for our catch photos but these changes sound amazing, look forward to it and I'm sure this will only help fishraider to grow and continue to be an informative forum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was literally thinking of asking about getting a gallery for our catch photos but these changes sound amazing, look forward to it and I'm sure this will only help fishraider to grow and continue to be an informative forum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You actually have a gallery already Adsy. Check out the forum on your computer (not tapatalk) and look at the tab "Gallery" at top left of the forum. Go there and look at everyone's pic collections ;) and spend more hours marvelling