Rose Bay - Again

Went back to my favourite spot again this afternoon to catch the run out tide. Got to Rose Bay just after 2pm and fished until 5pm.

Not much around today. Threw the Atomic and got nothing so swapped to a deep diving fake pilchard and managed to snag up on the rocks. FAAAAARK. So annoying. So far it's my first lost lure and I'm not happy.

Of well, put on some more leader and put on a 15g metal bait fish imitator. Nothing fancy, just some metallic silver reflective stickers on the side, some eyes and i think it had a glow in the dark belly. First few casts and not much but suddenly felt a tug. Yes! Haven't felt a fish like this before!

Pulled out a very, very, very small tailor (could be a sampson fish too? maybe? not sure confident at identifying yet.) No photos as I always freak out about getting the little ones back in to the water before they suffocate. After all he was only somewhere around 20cm. Only a baby.

So I've put him back and cast out again and hot damn, the lure only hit the water before another little tailor smashed it. So pulled him in and let him go. Then made the mistake of casing over the Woolhara boat ramp and lost the lucky lure. Bugger!!!

After losing two lures wasn't keen on losing more so put on the Atomic and waded the shallows but by this stage it was an hour to low tide and the sand flats really slow down.