Tuesday 29 March - we turned back

No prize fish like Aerial or Sunray, seriously they were both awesome catches. but we got variety :)

I got email from customer on Monday night who got a Blue along the shelf and a couple of text messages from guys that hooked Blues in the same area, so I thought screw it I’ll give it a go based on their reports. I had buddy and his nephew available on short notice and the BOM forecast was for less than metre after midday, so it all looked promising.

We got to the heads around 12, it was horrible, really rough and messy, 2 swells about 1.5 to 2 metres from different directions and strong winds were forming these mutated double waves. We headed out anyway hoping the wind would drop and smooth out like BOM predicted.

We could barely set the spread and about every 5 minutes the boat did a bone-crunching drop which knocked us about. We got a hook-up on something that seemed fairly decent about 3 miles out but dropped it while turning the boat downwind to fight it. We got couple of Dollie hook-ups about 5 miles out. One mile further east we took a wave over the side of the boat and then another shortly after. I called it after that, it was too risky for my liking and the wind still wasn’t dropping, so I turned around and started heading in. It wasn’t even a soft ride back. We got a small stripy on the way back in.

I was actually surprised by how many boats we could hear on the radio chasing blues. They must have been much bigger boats than ours or crazier than us. Its Blue fever and people will go out in just about anything to get one, just like did, we're all mad fishermen right!

We were back inside the heads by 2, still early so we decided to anchor up at Forty Baskets between the boat moorings for a few hours to collect some bait and clean up the boat. We put out a live yakka and got a Jewie not long after and then we got a couple of Kings on little cubes of pillies. We could almost hand feed the Kings, they came that close, we just kept throwing out burley and that kept them around.

Anyway, we gave it a shot.

post-22587-0-37851900-1459481049_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-33478000-1459481050_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-75822300-1459481053_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-01618000-1459481055_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-12904800-1459481056_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

A mate turned back on Tuesday aswell just too rugged out there. Great recovery on the session tho some nice fish there congrats[emoji106]. Hopefully we see a few yft caught over the wknd with reports of pros getting into a few this week.

Looks a bit lumpy behind that dollie Pete :1sweatdrop: nice captures anyway and saved heaps of fuel :biggrinthumb:

Bad luck Pete. Here's hoping for an improvement in the conditions.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Well done pete. Not a bad plan B there. The weather is always the one thing we can't control.

You were both still smiling, so happy days!

Cheers scratchie!!!

A mate turned back on Tuesday aswell just too rugged out there. Great recovery on the session tho some nice fish there congrats[emoji106]. Hopefully we see a few yft caught over the wknd with reports of pros getting into a few this week.

looked like a dog of a day but you still made it happen. Good report and Great work!

yeah it was a rough old day and we got some good fish, can never be unhappy about that;. A sheltered bay, a wharf, offshore, its all good!

This weekend looks really good conditions wise, be interested to see what reports come in. Next Friday is looking good for now Steve.