Lane cove/Middle harbour Bass

Hey raiders,

I have been saltwater fishing for quite a few years now, but im just starting to try and target bass now. I have a good setup for it (1-3kg soft plastic raider/ Stradic ci4+ 1000), and i will mainly be using lightly weighted plastics (zman 2.5 inch grubz and slim swimz).

Anyway, I was just wondering about spots in Lane Cove river and middle harbour.

For lane cove, I have looked around on google earth and one of the better access points i found was through Fiddens Wharf oval, but im not sure if the bank is overgrown or not in that area, and if it is productive? (If anyone knows thanks)

I live closer to middle harbour, and i have done some bushwalking around the Lindfield branch of the creek. There are a number of pools there, one of the bigger ones being just past the long tunnel, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any Bass in these pools? Or at least what to look for in a pool.

Much appreciated,

Hugo

Probably worth a flick, bass are starting to move back down out of the top of freshwater reaches. I don't really know of the locations you've mentioned being a hawkesbury guy but from what I've learnt any body of water that flows back to a river even if it's landlocked had potential fish in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are Bass in the upper Lane Cove.

You can launch just upstream from the boat hire place inside the national park.

I don't think the gates open until 9am, that's a problem.

I'm told you should go early for Bass.

Another launch option is The Athletic Field at the end of Mowbray Road Lane Cove.

It opens early and has a purpose built pontoon.

2km warm up paddle to the weir.

Drag up and over.

The fish ladder was put in especially for the Bass.

There are also big Goldfish, Mullet and Carp.

Strictly lures so you don't snag a Tortoise.

The Mangroves in the upper reaches of the salt are rumoured to hold Jacks too.