Lake Wallace 5/4/2016

It's been a while since my last report so it's nice to have something to mention.

Geoff and I have just returned from Lake Wallace (near Lithgow NSW). We arrived Monday 4th hoping we could catch a trout or two.

The following day I managed to catch my first Redfin @ 28cm. I was using rainbow power bait so it was a big surprise. We were told they are great to eat.

Geoff was spinning using a Squidgie Wriggler colour Wasabi. He caught 3 little ones.

If your looking for a nice spot for the kids Lake Wallace is a lovely place. No power boats allowed.

post-1141-0-97677400-1460083795_thumb.jpg

Not the biggest, but yes, they are nice eating. Filet skinless ( because their skin is very tough ), beer egg coating, quick fry, lemon and mayonaise ( yes very European ), with bolied papatoes or fries.

Lake looks nice with nice description. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for sharing but can't say I am happy about the Redfin there as what was once a trophy trout dam is now ruined they were also putting bass in there! Some idiot thought it would be great to put them in?????? They are now spread all the way down the foxes to lug all!!!!

Go for it folks get up there catch as many as you can and don't release them!

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for sharing but can't say I am happy about the Redfin there as what was once a trophy trout dam is now ruined they were also putting bass in there! Some idiot thought it would be great to put them in?????? They are now spread all the way down the foxes to lug all!!!!

Go for it folks get up there catch as many as you can and don't release them!

I agree. I would have preferred a trout or even a bass.

Okay so Redfin have established themselves in numbers in lake Lyell and have been reported in the coxes between the two dams. There's two theories rhey came over from Wallace these Redfin were from an impoundment on the upper coxes when it burst and flooded. The second theory on Lyell Redfin is they were deliberately dumped like they were at Wentworth Falls dam

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...