Offshore - 8-4-2016

We went offshore yesterday with a few Fishraiders. Good conditions this time, mostly smooth for the majority of the day.

Water temp went to 23.2 from about 10 miles out and stayed at that temp to 10 miles past shelf where it dropped to low 22s. Plenty of small Dollies around those traps 10 miles out, boated 5 or 6 small ones and missed about as many. We got a 3-way hook-up on one of the passes and we dropped one Dollie that was a bit bigger.

Headed east from traps looking for bigger fish but didn’t get any other hook-ups. There were quite a few birds east of the shelf at times which looked promising but that was about all we came across.

Good luck to anyone heading out.

Peter

post-22587-0-02182900-1460161935_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-10920700-1460161959_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-57617200-1460161960_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Any bait out past the shelf? Birds on the temp break out there or inshore near the shelf? Looks like I am allowed out to play tomorrow, which is rare for me on a weekend. Thanks for the report

Thanks for the day out Pete.

Shame the big fish were absent but great boat company and a feed at least.

Fishything the break went 23.1 to 22.6 over the course of 5 to 10 mins no surface change. Bait or birds to indicate.

Found a couple of small patches of birds but it looks like they were searching too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

no probs Steve, maybe next time we get some big fish

fishythings, the most bait we sounded by was around the 10 to 12 mile area near the traps. there was scattered bait here and there all the way out but not any big blobs of them. but water was good all the way out, we didn't see any flying fish either. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks for the update on conditions out there. (Im assuming the report is for 8-4-16 this year?)

Havent been out since Good friday....

Looks like water is cooling down a bit

Cheers mate

doh! thanks for that

yeah, highest was 23.2 that we came across. 25+ is out really wide but it looks like it might circle back in close in a week or two. Lots of school Dollies about and 23 is a good temp for stripes.