Trailer post platform idea's

Shaggytrevally

Hi guys,

Well its been 4 months since I climbed over the front of my boat and stepped onto the Trailer Hitch post to climb down hitch the boat up after a night of fishing.

I had done it hundreds of times before with out an issue till January, i stepped down place foot on top of post then slipped off landing on the tow bar.

Breaking three ribs and puncturing a lung.

So if anyone heard screaming at yowie bay ramp in January at 3am that was me lol.

What i'm after is any idea's for a stepping platform over the front of the boat on to the post which is non slip and safe.

Also something that wont go through back window when reversing in to a tight turn.

Cheers in advance

Hi guys,

Well its been 4 months since I climbed over the front of my boat and stepped onto the Trailer Hitch post to climb down hitch the boat up after a night of fishing.

I had done it hundreds of times before with out an issue till January, i stepped down place foot on top of post then slipped off landing on the tow bar.

Breaking three ribs and puncturing a lung.

So if anyone heard screaming at yowie bay ramp in January at 3am that was me lol.

What i'm after is any idea's for a stepping platform over the front of the boat on to the post which is non slip and safe.

Also something that wont go through back window when reversing in to a tight turn.

Cheers in advance

I made my own spare wheel carrier out of plate and gal pipe that I mounted on my winch post for that very purpose.I also mounted self adhesive grip tape everywhere on the trailer and bow of the boat where I stand that works great even with bare wet feet.I use the drawbar,spare and bow of the boat to get in/out of the boat combing through the windscreen without getting wet.

You can make up some rungs out of pipe like a ladder if you wish.

I weigh 120kg and the wheel carrier doesn't budge.

Cheers.post-20199-0-11157700-1460281918_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-29841300-1460281938_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-21719600-1460281959_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-03827500-1460281979_thumb.jpgI've never come close to slipping in the 5 years I've used this setup.

Hope it helps.