South 9-10/4

stevefish

Trolled from Wollongong to husky and back over the weekend, the plan was for blues and or fin.

Saturday was pretty damn quiet we didn't see a speck on the sounder until wide of the banks. Chatter was some bait and a fish or two in 150-400, we were at 1000 in half a knot of current going uphill.

We found this at Kiama canyons and it ate a lure I made last week which was pretty cool.

post-1192-0-53349300-1460373335_thumb.jpeg

Sunday was a bit different with some sketchy reports regarding fin possibly nearby. Got just outside jb to find paddocks of slimies, these stretched all the way to Kiama or so in 100-150. Pulled couple of stripies along the way, the bait never quite right so we left them and went wider. And once again found nothing out there.

Fun times in some of the smoothest conditions and a great feed at the end of it, even if we did miss the target.

• 3 weeks later...

Wollongong to the banks was a desert on Sunday

bummer, i heard from a couple of people that they didn't turn a reel on the weekend either, on the radio they said a few stripes were caught at Norah Canyons and a few dollies were taken off Sydney, i don't know if the dollies had any size to them

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Off JB Mate, to be honest, on the day the sounder/GPS was RS, wo we were using navionics on a phone for our tracking and had no water temp..

that's a great fish, how far south were you and what water temp?