Need help on reefs.

Camo1808

Hey everyone. I have just moved to qld 4 weeks ago (gold coast to be exact) and finally getting my jet ski registered this weekend.

I am lookin at setting it up for offshore fishing however have never been offshore. I will only ever start off by going out on dead flat days (when they happen)

Now my query is i need all your help?

First of all are there any fads off gold coast and what do theu look like? What do i search for haha. Also does anybody know any in shore reefs that i can get to and if so i can google the coordinates however i need to know (if you can help) how lonf it woul roughly take if say for example i was travelliny arox 15-20knots?

Then once answered we can get onto fishing them haha. What gear do i use? What styles of fishing should i try? Baits and rigs?

Im not after anythin in particular as any new species would be a huge bonus.

Thanks raiders! !!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My suggestion would be to head out the seaway about 3km and start trolling. One deep diver and one skirt. All the while you can sound out the bottom for structure. Alternatively, you could jump on a half day charter and use their marks or ask as many questions as you can!

Lots of spotted mac, Spanish, trag and snapper up there!

Cheers scratchie!!!