Pudding Bait

Davemmm

Alright on another thread Stewey put the call out for pudding bait recipes.

I figured rather than hijack that one start another. Stewey's right there will be a hundred different recipes for bream pudding here's my standard one:-

Tin of no frills cat food

Powdered parmesan cheese

Plain flour

Bran

Splash of tuna oil

Mix it up the night before until its a sticky mess then add a bit more flour and parmesan. Leave it in a container with the lid off to "set" it more then on the day just roll bits around a 1/0 hook

Dave

Alright on another thread Stewey put the call out for pudding bait recipes.

I figured rather than hijack that one start another. Stewey's right there will be a hundred different recipes for bream pudding here's my standard one:-

Tin of no frills cat food

Powdered parmesan cheese

Plain flour

Bran

Splash of tuna oil

Mix it up the night before until its a sticky mess then add a bit more flour and parmesan. Leave it in a container with the lid off to "set" it more then on the day just roll bits around a 1/0 hook

Dave

If you don't catch fish you could have this on bread for your lunch. When I was a little boy (about 65yrs ago) and lived at The Entrance, Mum worked in the guest houses that use to be there. One of the chefs made up a pudding bait for me to fish off the old wooden bridge.

It was flour made into a dough and kraft cheddar cheese (the one in the blue box) and cotton wool stripped through it and I caught heap of mullet with this.

BTW I had an oyster bottle with the line wrap around and sinkers and match sticks in the bottle that was my fishing gear circa 1952, caught far more fish with this then now with my boat and the gear I have now.