Float fishing rod

paddy27

Hi,

I have been to only a few places like Mornington pier, Williamstown and sandringham for fishing and it has been only two months since I started learning. I have got two fishing rods that I got from Kmart and they are like $30 each. I did not know whether they are good or not but I caught some breams, pinky and flathead using two cheap rods.

Now, I want to get proper fishing rod for floating fishing. I have seen people using rods ranges from 10 ft to 15ft for float fishing but I have no idea how to choose right one for float fishing. I cannot seem to cast even little far with my current rods as they are short.

Could someone please recommend which fishing rod I should be looking to get? I normally fish at piers or rocks for breams, pinky and flathead

I think around $100 is okay for me to start with. I looked at the ranges of fishing rods at BLAH BLAH BLAH store but no idea where to start..

Welcome to Fishraider.

Happy to get this started

You should have a look at the Mag Bream.

Made by Wilson/Snyder Glas. Available in 1 or 2 piece, from 10ft 6 to 11ft 4

It would cast well, handle your target species, and also make a nice light beach rod.

I'm guessing you have a spin/ egg beater reel, so go with a medium reel mount.

Good luck

Ryder

Ps didnt see the budget sorry. Mag bream is something to aim for.

Edited by Ryder

I have a Daiwa 1062 that I got from the blah blah store for around $65 and a shimano reel

for $30 dollars. Leaves you $5 for line!

Its a nice light rod that is good for casting. I guess if you get a big jewfish then it won't end well

but its good enough for everything else I think