Lake st Clair

mattfinn

Hey all as mentioned in a previous thread I'm camping with the family at lake st Clair this coming weekend.

Will be hitting it landbased or possibly with a kayak. What's the best way to fish st Clair land based? Fish the points, and weed beds? I'm use to walking skinny creeks so a lake of this size feels daunting but I'm determined to get some good fish this weekend.

Has there been much of a surface bite lately? Been really slow surface wise in the hawkesbury I've found.

I'm a bit of an aggressive fisher and try and work a real reaction bite out of fish as I normally am working dirty water. Is this the same go at St Clair?

Cheers for any help. Super appreciated.

Also if you know a certain stretch that produces best hit us a pm. I will try and get away from the crowds as much as possible as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishing the boat ramp past the powered sites at night produces good bass.

If you fishing bait, fish near people who have lit fires, your guaranteed a cattie. Yella's are up tight in the timber so you need to be in a strike zone there.

As the water cools down the shallows are going to be good in the mornings

love st clair , i go there once a year around october , plenty of fish in the home bay both sides of the camp site got my best a 380 on the surface one morning off the bank before getting in the boat. that was a black bat pretty standard bass lure.

if you can get to the weed beds blades and heavier soft plastics are good something that you can throw a bit further and drop into the strike zone quick can be good