Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished the deep water near Lilli Pilli from first light for the tailor, taken on pillies and fish strips. Lost more tailor than landed, as they kept dropping off the hook. When a bit of light appeared in the sky, the tailor stopped biting and the reddies turned up instead. One just legal, the others just under sized. Also pulled out a just legal crab, but not much in them at that size, so he was sent back to grow bigger.

Had a live yakka out for a while, and it looked like a big crab grabbed it across the back due to crush marks across the body, but it let go and did not return.

Pumped some nippers and waded the sand flats after sun-up for the flattie. Also pulled out 4 just undersize, and one just under 20cm, certainly a small dusky. Saw a few other small ones scooting about in the shallows. When the tide became too high to wade, I hopped back into the boat and drifted about for nothing. I did see a flattie around the 70cm mark just sitting on top of the sand, dropped a nipper in front of his nose but he slowly swam off. Some of the bigger flatties sit on top of the sand, don't bury themselves in the sand like the little ones do.

Headed for home at a slow pace while looking over the flats, and saw the 2 jackets in different spots, just cruising about, so dropped over a nipper and they were both hungry. Water was only about a metre deep, but sometimes the fan tailed jackets just cruise over the shallow sand looking for food. Have seen them many times before.

For those of you who wonder about fishing with hand lines, today while fishing for the tailor, I had about 10 tangles, Usually manage 1 or 2 tangles, but today it was every second time I threw out the line. :ranting2:

post-13153-0-32192300-1461654094_thumb.jpg

Agh, good to see you back at it yowie! Nice mixed back as usual.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie. It was a good day on the water, very little wind, a good day to be fishing.

Nice morning to be on the water Dave and a great mixed quality feed too. Haven't wet a line in ages myself due to work overload, soon I hope.

Hopefully the fish stay on for a while before the water cools off.

Chris.

Thanks Chris. The water is starting to cool a little, the tailor that were missing have started to show up again. You need to retire to devote more time to fishing. :074:

Great feed as usual yowie , any frigates still busting up?

Thanks Krispy. Very few frigates about now. While I was wading the sand flats, one of the buggers zoomed past me at high speed in shallow water. Their cruising speed would be flat out for most other fish. A lot of baitfish about in the shallows, also the deeper water. The frigates are disappearing, and some tailor coming on. One small kingie followed in a reddie, but did not stay too long.

i was out there mate. not sure who you were, also fished near the deep water. we fished from 6-11 at the same spot and didn't move. burley hard. landed 2 legal king. 1 rat, 5 taylors and a 40cm bream and also one of your crab^^

cant complain, haha, always getting yourself a good feed

I don't complain, because no-one listens anyway. :074:

Tailor Tuesday night, and flathead and jackets tonight, and a feed for mum as well.