Marine Rescue app

fredflathead

I have just put Marine Rescue app on my android phone got all the way to the contact number for contact and the phone cut out.

Now all I can get is log on to Marine Rescue and this info is only half done.

Does it have a edit information key.

Contacted Marine Rescue and still waiting for reply.

Looking for help it will be quicker.

thanks norm

Need some more help emailed and rang Marine Rescue at their HQ and was told a IT person would get back that was 3 days ago.

I have the app on my phone Telstra HTC Desire 510, I have put all of my info in to log on when I go to look at the weather and tide info if says Unfortunately, Marine Rescue has stopped Then has report and OK. If you press OK it takes you back to Log on with MRNSW.

Thanks norm

I have the same issues with app as well Fredflathead. I just find opening it up and going to a different option and then coming back to what i wanted to do orginally seems to fix the issue.

After waiting 5 days for a reply from Marine Rescue HQ, I rang and got onto their IT person.

We spent about 1/2 hour trying to get the app to work. I could fill out the profile and log onto the Marine Rescue but the weather and tides would not work. Then got the weather to work and tides would not, switched phone off, reinstall the app again and no luck everything working but not the tides.

I don't fish outside only once in 5 yrs and only on the local reefs, I have a vhf and licence so I am covered and can log on.I think that using the radio would be better as a close by boat could give assistance.(this is what was recommended on the VHF course).

The IT person was very helpful and said if I do get it working to let him know what I had done, he was quite helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Edited by fredflathead

I think the tracking feature is good on the App.

But I was talking to a couple of marine rescue guys who were saying it's much better to radio in. That way you get a good test of your radio at the same time.

I've got the App. But to be honest I radio on and off now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
On 24/04/2017 at 7:36 PM, Berleyguts said:

My Marine Rescue App just started playing up on my iPhone 5. I suspect since the last iOS update. It just doesn't allow me to log on and sometimes it shuts off on me. Fortunately, my radio was working well yesterday.

Same happened to mine on an iPhone5 and I did not update to IOS 10.3...I suspect its the Marine Rescue App update not the IOS update.  Anyway, I deleted the app and re-installed (go to App Store purchased items and re-download) - that fixed it for me.

Cheers

Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
correct typo

On 4/26/2017 at 0:58 PM, zmk1962 said:

Same happened to mine on an iPhone5 and I did not update to IOS 10.3...I suspect its the Marine Rescue App update not the IOS update.  Anyway, I deleted the app and re-installed (go to App Store purchased items and re-download) - that fixed it for me.

Cheers

Zoran

Thanks.  That's what I did, eventually.  Works OK now but I had to upload all my details again.

Baz