Cook's River fishing land based

Hello Raider's

I have a few hours to spend over the weekend and I will be near the cook's river near the airport and I thought that I would take a rod with me to fish in the cooks.

I have never fished cook's river and had a few questions and thoughts.

am thinking of using soft plastics on a bait castor rod /reel set up, as after the fishing I have to be at location for a event and this is the reason for not using bait.

can someone give me a rough idea on the best place's to fish from land based.

what is be best time in the afternoon to go?

is the fish caught edible from the cooks river? or should I place it safe and release anything that I catch.

cheers guys.

Mojo

Hi mate the cooks is salt water so the usual estuary tactics should work ive heard the breakwalls at the entrance fish well.Ive never fished there though, it is polluted and wouldn't eat anything caught there.Good luck on the day.

That whole stretch from the airport to Dulwich Hill fishes well with plastics on the incoming tide when it's not too fast, in my experience. Natural-coloured lures work well. And yeah, just to echo what roostersone said, I wouldn't go eating any fish from there.

Iv had pretty good success walking the banks of the cooks in the last couple of weeks. Pretty much anywhere that you can walk along the bank is worth a few casts.

Cheers

Tara