Heading out tommorow

kadavu

if anyone is trolling tomorrow, that temp break has moved in closer, its just inside Heatons now, 24-25 along the edge

there was a lot life along the edge of it on Tuesday, flying fish, birds, whales, and we got one marlin hook up on it

good luck to anyone heading out, unfortunately I got too much work on :(

post-22587-0-03505600-1463732512_thumb.jpg

Well I didn't reply last night because I've been wrong plenty of times before. But todsy was a cracker. Today I got it right. Complete glass out from 9 -10 am. Blew slight Ne this arvo. There you go aye. You gotta go out. Can always turn it around and head for home.

post-17313-0-64228200-1463833454_thumb.jpg

post-17313-0-77805100-1463833644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dfishin

we ran yesterday

was very manageable, swell was up a bit in morning but not breath of wind so still manged 18-20 kts run out

we were expecting to find that break north of brown in about 300 ftms since it had been advancing rapidly from that outdated pic up the posts now

BUT we hit it inside the shelf at bait station

wild rapids, birds, green going to blue and 21 to 24 over 50 m

then the swells stood up abit with southerly swell running into the current pushing about 2 kts from north, once on cool side sea settled

we thought we on a cracker but could only pull small dollies from it

It ran diagonal from there into deeper water to be behind browns in about 350 fthms

but overall VERY quiet on game fishing front yesterday even for boys out much wider which was our original plan too

ocean almost glassed out for run home in arvo too

Good fish there. Rex.

Yeh it was a cracker of a day and maybe the forecast kept heaps in bed. I would of seen 2 or 3 other boats the whole day out where we went. I thought the forecast was a good one.

yeah I thought the forecast for Sat seemed ok, you picked it. I would have given it a crack as well if I didn't have so much work on. I had a look at the surf cams yesterday, looked good all day, a bit of swell but really smooth on top. That break has moved in closer, I hope it hangs around a bit longer for a final crack at the marlin and big dollies, or any dollies for that matter. Unfortunately next week doesn't look good weather wise.

well done on the blue eye, great fish :)

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Good fish there. Rex.

Yeh it was a cracker of a day and maybe the forecast kept heaps in bed. I would of seen 2 or 3 other boats the whole day out where we went. I thought the forecast was a good one.

Yep, I stand corrected. Lots of ground swell but further out looked pretty good. Friday arvo though was sloppy and pumping swell.

I think a few people thought the same. Not many out on the water up here either. Nice to have the ocean to yourself :)