Report on Soft Plastic day - now with pics !

mrsswordfisherman

A great day, great weather and good company. The event went off splendidly without any issues at all.

Thanks first to our Tutors Witha aka Ben, nbdshroom aka Pete, thefisherman6784 aka Gianni, jewdreamer aka Chris, hawkesbass aka Trevor and Royce aka luderick-angler. These guys did an absolutely fantastic job with their groups particularly jewdreamer who replaced one tutor who could not come at the last minute. Chris was briefed and given a handout of the lesson plan and away he went!! Every person I spoke to learned lots and expressed their desire to get fishing straight away to try out their new found skills. Without these master raider fishermen this event would not happen.

luderick-angler - Royce did a magnificent job teaching people about fly fishing. Peter Morse and Lefty Kreh would have been envious.

Swano - who came to our place at the crack of dawn to take the BBQ and large esky etc down the park for us. He also spent the day cooking food and helping and then brought the gear back home. What a great mate - thanks Dean.

Dalucius and MrDalucius aka Lyn and Geoff - arrived at the park at the same time as us at 7am and commenced to help unpack and get breakfast organised. JohnDory aka Dave arrived soon after and Rah aka Tara. Our Catering Team worked tirelessly all day cooking food and making sure hot water was available. The crowd of 60 odd were VERY hungry and over the 7 hours we got through 100 sausages, 5 kgs of bacon, 8 loaves of bread, 60 eggs, dozens of cans of soft drink and cups of tea and coffee. Bacon and egg rolls for breakkie and bacon, egg, sausages for lunch. We even devoured 2 dozen rolls and some tasty sausages donated by 4myson aka Sasha (thanks very much for that Sasha). We ran out of bread and JohnDory suddenly appeared with 3 more loaves :)

Learning and fishing made everyone hungry. A super effort by the Catering Crew!!!!!

I walked around all the groups with a big bag full of soft plastics donated by our great sponsor Frogley's Offshore and thanks for providing these. Each tutor asked a question and the first to raise their hand with an answer was given a packet of sp's. We had a roving photographer in JohnDory who has taken some magnificent shots with his camera, these are much better than my ones below taken with the iphone. These will be put up tomorrow.

Thanks to all the raiders at the event. Everyone was so helpful and spread themselves as requested across the 5 different groups. The rubbish was picked up and disposed of.

My thanks to Donna and Stu for organising the gathering. So nice to meet you and all the other great folks there too. What a top bunch of people! A special thanks to Royce for giving me heaps of good info re Luderick on Fly. I have only been home a few hours and I am already looking forward to the 2017 day!!!

I'll second that motion. Well done guys and a great day. By the way Mrs Swordy now knows in not that old....lol

Thanks to luderick -angler (Royce) for the fly casting/fishing tutorial. Really appreciate it mate. Thanks to all the other tutors - Trevor, Ben, Gianni and Chris. We were busy all day but it was good to catch up a bit at the end. Also a thanks to all the people helping out such as setting up, taking photos of the day and preparing of food.

Yes a BIG thanks Chris for taking up the challenge of tutoring for the day as it got us / me out of a pickle

Thanks to Stewie and Donna for organising and to the mentors for their time and effort. Big thanks to whoever was manning the barbie too (I'm sorry, didn't catch names) cos my bacon sarnie was cooked to perfection. ;)

My first event and I will be back for more, thanks Donna and Stu (Breakfast, Lunch and prizes) and thanks to Ben and the other mentors today for the tips and instructions.

Thanks to Ric001 for letting me be his 2nd mate aboard his boat

Guest 4mydad

Hey Donna & Stu , me and Dad would like to thank you for organising a great day . I would also like to say thankyou to Gianni for taking the time to explain everthing. I never fished with soft plastics before but now i can not wait to go and catch a fish on plastics I might even ask dad if we can go tomorrow but i have to tell him to leave the bait at home :nono:.​I did not want to leave today but I had my footy game on at 12:50 we ended losing by 2 points with the score being 22-20 at the end but at least I got the Man of the Match medal :banana:.

post-37047-0-16082400-1463832624_thumb.jpg

Dear,

Don & Stu..

I would just like to say a BIG "thank you" for organising such a great day,& that I had a real fun time.!!

Ps-

Stu your a crack-up brother.!! ?

Regards Barry..

"Baz.."

Hey Donna & Stu , me and Dad would like to thank you for organising a great day . I would also like to say thankyou to Gianni for taking the time to explain everthing. I never fished with soft plastics before but now i can not wait to go and catch a fish on plastics I might even ask dad if we can go tomorrow but i have to tell him to leave the bait at home :nono:.​I did not want to leave today but I had my footy game on at 12:50 we ended losing by 2 points with the score being 22-20 at the end but at least I got the Man of the Match medal :banana:.

attachicon.gifIMAG1438.jpg

Fantastic Anthony well done on man of the match. Glad you enjoyed the day.

Thanks guys for putting on a great event. I got there a bit late due to family commitments, met quiet a few members but didn't get around to talking with everyone there.

This was the first event I have attended with Fishraider but it won't be my last.

Great company great tucker, the location was next to none and the organisation was spot on, and we were helped a little with a nice day weather wise.

see you blokes at the Hairtail meet.

Frank aka "Nimrod"

Edited by frankS

I am just blown away by how generous our members and their guests are with their patronage to our events and we had nearly 100 % turn up for a fantastic event and with Donna at the helm organising these events they never miss a beat.

Congratulations to everyone who attended and with the way you all handled yourselves with such dignity and grace.

That's why we still love to hold these events and will do for many years to come.

Regards Stewy