Report on Soft Plastic day - now with pics !

mrsswordfisherman

Yes a BIG thanks Chris for taking up the challenge of tutoring for the day as it got us / me out of a pickle

No problems mate! I had a ball teaching everyone. They were great students.

AND a great BIG thanks to Trevor for the help.

Thanks so much for Stewy and Donna for organising the event. Thanks also for all the tutors, especially for Chris & Trevor for coaching my group.

Thanks for the chefs who were tirelessly cooking for us.

I made a couple of new friends there where we agreed to meet up for fishing. I am hoping we all can share and enjoy the fishing.

It was such a wonderful time which we all learn many things and can't wait for another cast soon. Cheers.

Thank you Donna and stewy for organising and thanks to Pete for being a great tutor.

Had a great day and was awesome to meet some Raiders.

Cheers

Tara

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sounds like I missed another awesome Fishraider event. Congrats to all involved. I hope no ones ears are sore from stewy chewing them off, but I'm sure you all realise now his passion for fishing and this site. Then with the best administrator and one of the lovelyest people I've ever met Donna, it's no wonder this site is the success it is.

I look forward to reading all your reports with your new found skills!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Can everyone check their gear.

The (borrowed) chair my girlfriend was using early on in the day with Ben's group

is unaccounted for.

Probably got packed up by mistake, so if you find you have an extra blue chair

please let Mrs swordfish know

Thank you to Donna and Stu for organising a great event. Thank also to the helpers who made sure we were watered and fed. And another big thank you to the tutors (thanks Pete). Enjoyed the day immensely :)

Yep,Great day again Stewy & Donna,always glad to help you out,cause you always seem to be helping other members out..Well done :clapping: .

A big pat on the back to all the instructors, and to everyone who took the time to turn up on the day.Good talking to people who not long ago,by there own admission,didn't ever catch much,but are now regularly catching quality fish.

Fish raider must be doing something right.

Regards Swano :thumbup:

Can everyone check their gear.

The (borrowed) chair my girlfriend was using early on in the day with Ben's group

is unaccounted for.

Probably got packed up by mistake, so if you find you have an extra blue chair

please let Mrs swordfish know

C'mon you jokers who has mrsswordies throne? It's a real nice blue stable chair with a little fold out table and a drink holder :)

The first person to put up their hand will get a packet of plastics :)

My first ever fishraider event that I was waiting for what seemed like ages and words can't describe how warm and welcoming it was. Thankyou Donna and Stewie for putting on this event but also to the people behind the scene's who fetch,carry,cook and clean who often go unnamed and unheralded, I met so many interesting people but didn't meet everybody as the day was so busy plus my brother was celebrating his 40th and we had to leave earlier than I wanted to. Chris was my tutor for the day along with Trevor and between the two of them I learned so much about SP's and the art involved using light gear, thankyou guys. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Hairtail event because we have no boat and I have to save my pennies for my overseas holiday in August but I can't wait for another event like this one where we can be all together teaching learning and telling a few tall tales of the one's that got away, I'm so glad I found fishraiders the quality of members is just fantastic, very happy here.

Yet another enjoyable, informative and memorable Social !!

Thank you so much Donna & Stewy for organising this wonderful event. A huge thank you also to everyone working behind the scenes to make it happen.... Geoff & Lyn, Swano, Dave, Tutors and anyone else who generously gave their time to not only make this day happen but to make it so successful.

My youngsters and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it was great to meet a few more Raiders and put a face to the Forum names.

Thank you Pete for making your session so informative and engaging, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks also Royce for showing us a few things about fly fishing, you make it look so easy.

All the best

Ian & Kids

Donna I put up my hand first however I don't have your chair. :banana: Do I get a pack of plastics if so I will pick it up at the Hairtail session.

Bummer Norm. I thought someone would come forward with my chair by now. First time in all the events we have had that anything has gone missing :(

Hi Don,

I remember as we all left there were "2 other groups" 1 either side of us,there's also a big chance that if anything such as a chair was accidently left behind,they "may" have used it as-well..

Hope this helps a little,

Baz..