Easy frozen berley logs

Fab1

Hi guys I just wanted to share a simple idea for homemade frozen berley logs.

I like to experiment with different ideas and what better way than rummage around the workshop and see what I could use to make them.

I have some 90mm pvc and some end caps from a previous job that I will put to good use.

My berley pot holds a litre so I will make them 180mm x 90mm to fit inside nicely after a few measure ments.

I cut the pvc to length and slotted them lengthways to be able to slid the frozen slug out easily when needed.

I simply make up my berley and pour the foul smelling slurry into the moulds and freeze.

When needed I remove the end caps open the tube and remove the bag popping it in to the berley canister.

A few pics them an me making berley using different containers.

Cheers.

post-20199-0-16929300-1463893429_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-26889000-1463893503_thumb.jpgpost-20199-0-07948200-1463893542_thumb.jpg

post-20199-0-35071500-1463893585_thumb.jpg

It works really well.

Cheers.

Hey Fab1 that is a really neat idea, amazing what the mind of a fisherman comes up with, I use a similar method but instead of pvc piping i use 1 litre yoghurt containers , these empty straight into my berley basket.

I like simple easy and no mess.

what does your wife think of putting them in the freezer or do you have your own freezer. I make a brew of tuna oil, chicken pellets and pilchard mashed (old left over ones) or cheap cat food.

Looking at the process they are in plastic bags does this stop the odour?

Hey Fab1 that is a really neat idea, amazing what the mind of a fisherman comes up with, I use a similar method but instead of pvc piping i use 1 litre yoghurt containers , these empty straight into my berley basket.

I like simple easy and no mess.

I agree,if its easy you will use it often.
what does your wife think of putting them in the freezer or do you have your own freezer. I make a brew of tuna oil, chicken pellets and pilchard mashed (old left over ones) or cheap cat food.

Looking at the process they are in plastic bags does this stop the odour?[/quote I make the Berley and my wife packs them into our big chest freezer.My mrs loves fishing and encourages us to get out as much as we can.The freezer bags contain any leakage that may occur and stop the frozen logs sticking to the bucket and pvc as well as help with the smell.

I agree,if its easy you will use it often.

Looking at the process they are in plastic bags does this stop the odour?[/quote I make the Berley and my wife packs them into our big chest freezer.My mrs loves fishing and encourages us to get out as much as we can.The freezer bags contain any leakage that may occur and stop the frozen logs sticking to the bucket and pvc as well as help with the smell.

Holy Moly, Your wife helps you make the Burley.....and wants to go out as often as you can....Your a lucky chap. Most of us I believe have the opposite problem. Wife restricts us from fishing as much as she can, wife does what she can to stop Burley production from home. You have a keeper.

Holy Moly, Your wife helps you make the Burley.....and wants to go out as often as you can....Your a lucky chap. Most of us I believe have the opposite problem. Wife restricts us from fishing as much as she can, wife does what she can to stop Burley production from home. You have a keeper.

Yep,she has to nag me to go fishing at times too as she usually wants to get out more than me.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, trawlerman said:

Just bought a meat grinder off ebay to do this. Wife is not really impressed; but i do have a dedicated 400l deep freeze for bait

I hear whinging wives are a good fit in them freezers.:lol: