big Neil

Innovations in photography...

Also just clicked on that second Tawney Frogmouth picture to get full size, awesome photo.

Some brilliant photos coming through here! The sunrises and all the birds are great. Gotta love the Tawny's =)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kimberley Sunset (again)

The giant hamburger.

fwc1_zpsk6z9wg9e.jpg

Kimberley Sunset (again)

The giant hamburger.

fwc1_zpsk6z9wg9e.jpg

Hahaha that's great

A couple more taken off my back veranda.

Why would I want to live anywhere else when this is what I wake up to everyday?

Jeff

post-5857-0-60484700-1464805085_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-55534900-1464805146_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-12922100-1464805279_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-41058700-1464805326_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-68695600-1464805384_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-87650900-1464805449_thumb.jpg

Excellent photos there FR.

What a great place you live.

Some fantastic photos happening here guys. The Kimberley certainly provides amazing photo opportunities Blackfish...Amazing. Your pic of a King Parrot (FR) reminded me of when we used to live North Coast and hand fed them. They used to line up along your arm and shoulder while you moved the other hand (with the food) along to them. Beautiful place you live! Cheers, keep 'em coming.

Also just clicked on that second Tawney Frogmouth picture to get full size, awesome photo.

thanks mate

Kimberley Rock formation.

P1040373_zps88a264db.jpg

Hey Jeff we seem to be doing dueling banjos on Sunset, and another Kimberley one.

P1040437_zps0ed75566.jpg

Now I know who was stealing the eggs for the last couple of months!

He's about 4 meters and no I didn't kill him but I did give him a good hosing down with cold water, so I hope he gets the message that he should be somewhere else sleeping until next spring!

Jeff

post-5857-0-86420000-1464895475_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-43717700-1464895496_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fish Reaper

Python is he Jeff, what a cheeky buggar.

We had Crows stealing Eggs at our place till the wife made a "Crow Be Gone"

Great backyard you have there Fish Reaper

Python is he Jeff, what a cheeky buggar.

We had Crows stealing Eggs at our place till the wife made a "Crow Be Gone"

Yes a python, I had his BIG brother here a couple of times and he's as thick as my leg and around 5to 6 meters. Next time he comes for a visit I will get a photo and put up. I had one but my computer crashed and I lost a lot that I hadn't backed up!

This little guy came in by himself, usually there is about 30.

Another view of the mighty Hawkesbury from my back veranda.

post-5857-0-06209500-1465765861_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-83625500-1465765996_thumb.jpg

Your making me jealous there FR.

I live in suburbia in Sydney. Now a Brush Turkey has for years visits the chickens, chickens are grumpy but good old Bob, which my daughter has named, still persists.

Though now Bob is a bit older it could be a Bobett.

P1040464_zpsoxow4igh.jpg

Edited by Blackfish

There are six species of wren in my local area- superb fairy wren, splendid fairy wren, red backed fairy wren, white winged fairy wren, variegated fairy wren and the southern emu wren. Google images should give you a good idea of the range of colours- I cant screen shot the images due to copyright laws sorry

Ads

m

The superb fairy wren pictured (with blue plumage) is a male of breeding age, as juveniles they look pretty much the same as the females, which are predominately browny, grey. The only thing that really varies between breeding males is the amount of black plumage they carry. Superb little bird.

Wrens carrying different colours are definitely different species

Good pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Fozzy

This little guy came in by himself, usually there is about 30.

Another view of the mighty Hawkesbury from my back veranda.

What sort of bird is that FR?

Gang Gang cockatoo ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sort of bird is that FR?

He's a male Gang Gang. They are very friendly, I can walk right up to them with a seed tray and they land on it.

Jeff

Your making me jealous there FR.

I live in suburbia in Sydney. Now a Brush Turkey has for years visits the chickens, chickens are grumpy but good old Bob, which my daughter has named, still persists.

Though now Bob is a bit older it could be a Bobett.

P1040464_zpsoxow4igh.jpg

There is a couple of bush turkeys taken up residence in the bottom paddock in the last couple of weeks, just hope the bloody foxs don't get them, although there is also a few Lyre birds running around and the foxs don't seem to get them, I can't say as much for the chickens! I have lost 4 roosters over the last 2 weeks and the fox (a grey coloured one) will not go into the fox trap.

Your bush turkey looks like a female to me Blackfish as she hasn't got the large yellow throat wattle.

Jeff

Edited by Fish Reaper

Yeah I recon Bob is a Bobett, but Bob turned up as a very young scrawny thing so thats when my daughter named it.

We also had a Fox try and get our Chickens earlier in the year, (now remember we live in Suburbia), but with the commotion early one morning the wife and I raced down they were saved. Though the fox nearly made it thru the chicken wire.

The Lock up hutch I built looks like something out of Mad Max now and we call it the Chicken Bunker.

Though a mate who lives down at Engadine who also has Chickens, had and I SAY had a pesky Fox that though he was smart.

Now that Fox is a Ex Fox. ;)

As for you Gang Gang, what a great looking bird. Ive never seen one and you seem to have a few around your way.

Even up at the Sister in laws who lives at Hazelbrook and has a few different birds hanging around im still to see a Gang Gang, so I better keep my eyes open.

Thanks Jeff.

post-20708-0-43498100-1468488377_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-67005900-1468488405_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-97704300-1468488436_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-09927600-1468488461_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-91853000-1468488483_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-35154400-1468488507_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-49189100-1468488534_thumb.jpg Here's a few photos from last Sunday morning as I set off to Wagga Wagga and Canberra at first light. I love sunrises and sunsets, they are so unpredictable.

Fricken awesome Neil, Mans alive when he sees those.

attachicon.gifIMG_7519small.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_7520small.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_7521small.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_7522small.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_7523small.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_7524small.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_7525small.jpg Here's a few photos from last Sunday morning as I set off to Wagga Wagga and Canberra at first light. I love sunrises and sunsets, they are so unpredictable.

Their great shots Neil, nature at her best.

Jeff

Yeah, nice photos again Neil. Hard to get up in the winter to see the sunrises (apart from fishing days.)