New experience with soft plastic bait!

Hi guys!

I bought for my first time the soft plastic bait (barckley) as sand worm Nereis camo, turtle back worm pumpkinseed and nemesis cappuccino and tomorrow morning I'm going to try it in a sand spot.

I would like to ask to everyone if you have some suggestions about it.

Thanks for your help

Work them really slowly, try to imagine what the lure looks like as you are working it and make it as realistic to a real worm as possible. The easiest method would probably be to let it sink right to the bottom and let it rest 2-5 seconds before doing a slow lift with your rod tip of around 1ft.

Hope that helps!

You can also tie about 5-7cm of leader to the hook coming out of the lure where it bends and attach a small treble hook to that to increase hook ups.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks ADSY91 for your help!

I will try as you suggest really thank you.

I will go to Darling Point wharf, there is a sandy bottom over there!

Do you think it will work?

About the knot do you think I have to do it very tight to the lure or must be a bit large so the soft plastic can move liberally?

No worries!

Tie it nice and tight but not to the lure, tie it to the hook that protrudes out of the lure. Wish I could take a photo for you but I am away from home currently sorry! It's certainly worth a try and as with any type of fishing we learn from our mistakes so never give up!

Tie the jig head with a "leftys loop" the turtleback worms hop them off the bottom with a couple of twitches and let them sink pause for a few seconds and repeat you tend to get a lot of hits without hooking up because the fish grab the body and not the hook

they are a killer lure for whiting and flatties

good luck

Dave

Thanks for all the tips.

I went yesterday in darling point but nothing no hits at all.

I think is difficult if I try by myself, I need someone explain to me and I need to watch how I have to move the rod!!!

Anyway I will try again

Try jumping onto youtube and searching "soft plastic fishing techniques" it can be a very helpful resource. Don't give up it does recquire a bit of practise.