Anyone else going to flood?

Adsy91

So I'm watching this rain and it doesn't seem like it will let up today, I live right on Narara creek (just up from the tackle shop) and we have a king tide tonight around 11pm. Might be the closest to flooding we have been for a while...hopefully we don't have to evacuate the horses and chickens again.

How's it looking for others near the water?

2a4ae15eed387959f3eb785fdf3f32da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

went for a look at some of my area

1. Nth Maroubra huge, Maroubra Beach breaking between Nth and Sth headlands and 2-3 Kms out

2. Top of Yellow Rock - water was breaking over the top on the big sets-car got drenched in sea water

3. Surfies were loving it in Long Bay

4. Dolls Pt was surfable as well

5. At La Perouse/bare Is, it was OK as swell has a lot of north in it

Jim,,,

Tascott Koolewong area the rain has not stopped all day, but in Brisbane Waters it is a milpond, went to Ocean Beach waves are big and dirty, along Ettalong good, Brisbane Water side of the Mantra.

It's definitely one for the ducks today.

Went out to Terrigal to see what 6.5m of swell looks like on the beach...the waves were breaking too far out to even see the caps. Few kids riding bodyboards down the skillion at speed. The bottom of my street at showground road has been closed since this morning

I Live in Liverpool and the local Creek is a 180M wide and approaching my place

My neighbours 4acre property is 1m under water creating a 4acre pond joining to Narara creek...almost considered throwing a line over the fence for some mullet haha

I hope everyone is fairing well in this wild weather. It's not the worst I've ever seen since moving ocean side. The swell is definately not 7m as predicted but dangerous all the same! I can't wait for the swell to abate and the snapper will be going off! Let's hope it all settles down for the long weekend! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Went to check the boat this morning. Bobbin head marina is without power so turned off all electrics and cleaned out the freezer and fridge. I have had the power go off twice before and lost everything, and doesn't it stink when that happens.

I couldn't believe the collection of rubbish, sticks, logs and general rubbish that has collected in the berths that face the open water.

The water there is so dirty I wouldn't put the gen set on as the liquid mud will simply clog up the gen sets cooling system.

Hope the water cleans up for the long weekend.

Yeah it doesn't help having everyone's bins out over the last few days without any garbos to pick them up. Driving through Avoca this afternoon I could see almost every house had an oveturned bin spewing rubbish down the street...anyone have any news on the strike?

Ok, backyard is underwater, except, ironically, for the bit where one of the boas are

parked.

Wind has just turned up so I'm expecting that I'll loose a few more trees

Reeves street is 60 cm underwater, well that's what the sign is indicating

I saw a video of some guy fishing from his balcony, on the second story near the Narra I am pretty sure.

He actually hooked up a little bream

Yea there is a link to a mention on the raider fb page and a separate video of him catching on a different page.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Arrived back in Sydney yesterday si I went to Neilson Park for my regular Sunday swim.

As I suspected the locals had their boards out surfing the swell on this normally quiet West facing beach.

Jumped in the water and got pounded by the huge shore dump. Gale force winds and driving rain made it a bracing experience.

Still, it's great to be alive.

Keep safe guys and girls.

Cheers

Jim