LIVE REPORT FROM THE HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2016 - early start

mrsswordfisherman

Your very generous Harold. Thank you for the support of this site and our famous hairtail social.

Not long now raiders, so if you haven't signed up already, nows the time to get your winter Wollies together and come join the fun!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to be a great social! Very generous Harold :)

Swordie has been preparing the boat for two weeks and even has his bag of clothes packed and ready to go. He has sourced everything needed for his secret burley recipe. I saw some damn meat grinder and other things being delivered. The delivery man knows swordie so well with all the stuff that gets delivered to him daily!!!!

Meanwhile I am doing the background work - I will be sending a handout with details on it shortly.

I was thinking, if we had a nice looking notice I reckon we could get it shown at the local marinas, eg bobbin head has 200 boats, Akuna bay has circa 350 and then you have the 2 or 3 at Brooklyn, they would have 100 or more between them. That would be great coverage for Fishraider and HBA. Thoughts?

I have packed /unpacked and packed so many times I am tired and still I cant be sure I have all bases loaded.

I have the chicken pellets ready to be infused with my secret recipe and I don't know how Donna knows what I get from my courier but our secret hand signals will have to be changed.

Pillies will be unleashed on the unsuspecting hairtail and I will be the one smiling that winning smile

post-256-0-09076100-1466497510.png

Forget the stubby coolers, order some mittens!!!

You guys are preparing ridiculously early!

I'll pack the boat the night before, leave half my gear at home and get blind drunk missing every hairtail strike.

You guys are terrible at this fishing thing!

Just thinking how stupid I am. I will be handing out stubby coolers in the middle of winter in the coldest place on earth! So funny.

Harold, the stubby coolers will be awesome. Nothing worse than getting a frozen hand holding a beer!

Just thinking how stupid I am. I will be handing out stubby coolers in the middle of winter in the coldest place on earth! So funny.

Not stupid Harold thoughtful!

Can you please give me two as I am often double parked and don't wont my beer to freeze over!

Dave

Best Tip is to leave your beer out on the Deck over night and you will have a nice frosty brew for the next day

Also wonder how i would go sleeping on the hobie over night been thing about this i have

Edited by BigRod

Best tip is to leave the alcohol at home!

Seriously we want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable event. If you want to get on the drink and make noise all night and scare the hairtail away then anchor in Inebriate Bay :nono: . Message me for directions heh heh and a free hand of bananas :banana::boot:

This time next week will be fun for sure :):mfr_lol::risata::1clap:

Did you get a gen set? If you need one, I have a 2KvA model........it will at least keep the electric blanket running. Welcome to it for the weekend.

J

It would be a brave Fishraider to run a Generator for there electric blanket.

Donna would be throwing Bananas at you all night!

LOL

Donna is not anti alcohol she is simply trying to reinforce the safety angle for everyone. After all we don't want to lose anyone overboard or see anyone booked for being over the limit. Remember we can be booked for being over .05. That's why I made my wife do her boat licence!!! Lol.

Edited by harold

Donna is not anti alcohol she is simply trying to reinforce the safety angle for everyone. After all we don't want to lose anyone overboard or see anyone booked for being over the limit. Remember we can be booked for being over .05 even at anchor. That's why I made my wife do her boat licence!!! Lol.

Thanks Harold - and you are absolutely correct.

Safety is paramount and this weekend is not for a boys drinking session. You have made a good point about being at anchor and still being booked for being over the limit. DPI will also be with us doing research and we need to show how responsible raiders are :) in all aspects of our sport.

Lol soon as Mrsswordfisherman said leave the alcohols at home there seems to be no reply lol all quiet. Sorry just find it funny

Not sure why you find it funny or even bother to comment eastwood1980. Believe it or not most events we have had have not had anyone bring alcohol. We all enjoy a drink but this weekend is not the time to overindulge. We usually feed em up with too much food and coffee anyway :clapping::harhar:

Driving under the influence of alcohol is an offence and be aware Police and Maritime Boating Safety Officers can issue a court attendance notice. A designated driver (skipper) should remain under the legal limit when out on the water in case you need to move your vessel.

I have all my gear packed repacked, repacked and I think I have what I want.

My chicken pellets are ready for my secret burley too Stew.

Why is it that you must take alcohol when you go fishing sorry but if you go over board not only is it cold but there are bull sharks in Jerusalem Bay and every one will be putting Tuna oil in their burley.

Just got to work out the food, got alot of warm clothes.

Very disappointed with Amkr went out and bought a boat and the sleeps in a houseboat, we gave him all the good advice about buying a boat. LOL

looking for a great weekend. norm

I have all my gear packed repacked, repacked and I think I have what I want.

My chicken pellets are ready for my secret burley too Stew.

Why is it that you must take alcohol when you go fishing sorry but if you go over board not only is it cold but there are bull sharks in Jerusalem Bay and every one will be putting Tuna oil in their burley.

Just got to work out the food, got alot of warm clothes.

Very disappointed with Amkr went out and bought a boat and the sleeps in a houseboat, we gave him all the good advice about buying a boat. LOL

looking for a great weekend. norm

Hi Norm!

Look forward to saying hi again - feel free to call in for some hot water, we'll have the kettle going for you :)

We're taking the little boat up with us as well, just wanted somewhere warm to sleep and somewhere to cook toast in the morning!

Not looking forward to packing!