LIVE REPORT FROM THE HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2016 - early start

mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in 24 hours time we should be sailing into Jerusalem Bay ready to start catching Hairtail. We cant wait. Off to buy some more triple gang hooks this afternoon.

I note that the Sunday morning minimum is slightly cooler than Darwin at 3 degrees? its cold just thinking about it.

in 24 hours time we should be sailing into Jerusalem Bay ready to start catching Hairtail. We cant wait. Off to buy some more triple gang hooks this afternoon.

I note that the Sunday morning minimum is slightly cooler than Darwin at 3 degrees? its cold just thinking about it.

And even colder in a kayak! :)

Yes rug up everyone.

Judging by the amount of calls and messages we are receiving the level of excitement is huge. Watch your personal message for a handout if you are listed as an attendee.

Anyone who is NOT coming and is on the list please let me know asap.

I have a good feeling for the weekend, woke up to -1 Richmond. So 3 or 6 degrees will feel like summer.

We had our first frost this morning.

3°C. Hopefully the forcast stays as nice as it looks now with sunshine predicted the whole weekend!

So we are now anchored in Jerusalem Bay. The dinghy is launched and my son is nagging to get the lines out. Time for a cup of tea then we rig up.

Look forward to seeing you all over the next couple of days.

Just starting to spit rain.

Water is 13 and there is virtually no wind. The sun is setting and so we have just thrown 2 rigs out. Fingers crossed they like the look of our bait! It is already pretty cold out here Somali jackets are now on.

So we are now anchored in Jerusalem Bay. The dinghy is launched and my son is nagging to get the lines out. Time for a cup of tea then we rig up.

Look forward to seeing you all over the next couple of days.

Just starting to spit rain.

Back to the big boat !!!!!! run away

Yes rug up everyone.

Judging by the amount of calls and messages we are receiving the level of excitement is huge. Watch your personal message for a handout if you are listed as an attendee.

Anyone who is NOT coming and is on the list please let me know asap.

Have the messages been sent yet?

I haven't recieved anything.

Edited by amkr

We have lost so many baits it's crazy. Just caught a 51 cm jewfish. We are on to them now. Where are my raider mates? Never mind I will clean up for you!!!!!

get stuck into em Harold

Well we hooked the biggest squid I have ever seen just before we went to bed. I fought it to the transom then it broke the wire trace clip. Wouldn't have kept it as it would have eaten us rather than the other way around had I brought it on board.