LIVE REPORT FROM THE HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2016 - early start

mrsswordfisherman

post-24974-0-47946200-1467328156_thumb.jpg

Not a bad pre-fish! I will not be weighing the hairtail in obviously and will donate them to fisheries. But the Flatty will be lunch today :)

We let about 4 or so go as well. They were biting all through the night up to 730am. We also caught 3 jew which were released.

There's some big hairies out there I got dusted twice on 30lb!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers scratchie!!!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not a bad pre-fish! I will not be weighing the hairtail in obviously and will donate them to fisheries. But the Flatty will be lunch today :)

We let about 4 or so go as well. They were biting all through the night up to 730am. We also caught 3 jew which were released.

There's some big hairies out there I got dusted twice on 30lb!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice Scratchie, looking forward to meeting all of you also!!!

Hopefully the fishing is this good all weekend as I am not going to be on the water till tomorrow morning!

Regards,

Nathan

Well we got smashed until about 6pm, then it went quiet. Landed 1 hairy circa 1 meter, 1 small Jewie that we threw back. We have brought so many big fish up to the transom only to have them bust off at the last second. Had dinner and soon we return to the fight out back.

It is the right weekend to be out here doing this. Stewie is in a boat 100 metres to our east and he seems to be catching quite a few. I am sure he will post all about it soon enough.

We reached our possession limit! Some crackers in there too! Will post tomorrow. Good luck raiders!

Cheers scratchie!!!

That's terrific. What is the limit?

Hope you guys have a nice peaceful night over at WB.

2f3ff05a5dea9cae09dca23785181b67.jpg1626ea2c9e22d5768fa4257105ea61f7.jpg72ff76f0ceec62ac9aab51f8adaa4e8b.jpg

Stewy has opened his account and has the first measured Hairtail since the comp opened today. These were in the daylight and he was happy to get on the board. Lots of raiders here and we have 27 registered so far.

The DPI UWS research crew have their houseboat moored in Pinta Bay so raiders can take measured fish straight to them.

The stars are out and the weather looks perfect for the weekend.

one of my mates forgot to vote so we will be a bit later then planned grrrrrrr but by the sounds of it its absolute mayhem at the moment hanging out for tomorrow I cant wait is a understatement!!!

Regards,

Nathan