LIVE REPORT FROM THE HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2016 - early start

mrsswordfisherman

Carl_131 and I had a fantastic time. It was a great social and we couldn't have asked for better weather!

We came away with 7 hairtail but the friendship from everyone was what made the event so special.

Many thanks to everyone, especially Sword, Mrs Swordie and Harold.
I'll definitely be back next year.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home safe and sound, boat cleaned and thank god there was hot water for a shower! :)

Thanks swordies for organising an awesome event! Geoff and Lyn for all there help especially with my kids!

And this year it was mark and mels turn to help scratchie out with a flat battery!

Mark I guarantee you, next year you will get that elusive hairy!

My kids had a ball and just loved everything about the whole event and for me, that's what it's all about!

Great to meet everyone!

Cheers scratchie!!!

HBA Learning Centres is proud to be part of this and we will be back next year. Thanks to Stewie and Donna for everything you guys do. One of the things I love is, it is a family activity and there are no troublesome people on Fishraider.

Stay safe and congratulations to all the prize winners.

Thanks for a great weekend.

Mark you will get one, leave Mel at home.

Harold I had a ball, we sorted the idiots outs in the afternoon. The behavior of Fishraider was great no one got cranky because of no sleep and the spirit of Fishraider is there to stay.

It just shows people you meet on the internet are not axe murders just good friends when they all meet and to include the kids was great, Donna and Stewie the look on their faces when they won $20 was great.

thanks norm

Well you lot all had a fantastic time. Fabulous organising by Donna and Stewy, great contribution from Harold and a true FISHRAIDER SPIRIT displayed in the reading of 7 pages of reports. Must have a lie down...Knackered after that. Thanks from the bush to you all for getting out there and doing it. Proud of you all, I am.

It just shows people you meet on the internet are not axe murders just good friends when they all meet

Norm,

I'm not that sure of that.

There was one member at the boat ramp, who suggested that i would be stepping a fine line, if a certain photo of him, HAPPY AS LARRY, with a PIKE EEL, made the Fishraider site.

Photo Deleted (after making copies)

Great week end

Thank you all.

Love the new avatar Dave....

Back home boat washed knackered. It's hard work being a pirate!!!!!

Now where is that axe!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped organise a great weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by NaClH2OK9

From my very low and relatively cold vantage point, i can only agree. Great event, great people. It was good to join the 'conversation' in other words yelling at other boats in the dark.

Big shout out to those how offered us silly kayakers refuge if we froze, and to the swordies for letting us join them in the warmth of the mothership before paddling home.

Great night, would do again :)

From my very low and relatively cold vantage point, i can only agree. Great event, great people. It was good to join the 'conversation' in other words yelling at other boats in the dark.

Big shout out to those how offered us silly kayakers refuge if we froze, and to the swordies for letting us join them in the warmth of the mothership before paddling home.

Great night, would do again :)

You sir. Are as mad as a box of frogs....

Talk about taking committed to another level!!!

Very very impressive effort.

It was great to finally attend a social and meet some great people also!!!, A very big thank you to everyone who made this event possible.

Unfortunately I was unable to board the mother ship but I will bring my tinny next time around!

I was also very happy to catch my first hair tail Thanks Scratchie for the tip regarding the depth of my line, I will have to get a bit more practice for next year!!!

I am hoping that the next fishraider meet that I will be available to be part of it also as I only got to meet some of you and I would really like to meet a few more members in the future!!!

Congrats to all the prize winners!!

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-0-09262400-1467544606_thumb.jpeg

No worries Nathan! It was great to see you catch your first! That's just awesome!

I'd also like to thank sasha for the extra bait and also congratulate him on the biggest hairtail. Even though it was sown together! Lol Well done champ! You fish as hard as anyone out there and deserve the title!

Cheers scratchie!!!

No worries Nathan! It was great to see you catch your first! That's just awesome!

I'd also like to thank sasha for the extra bait and also congratulate him on the biggest hairtail. Even though it was sown together! Lol Well done champ! You fish as hard as anyone out there and deserve the title!

Cheers scratchie!!!

He is a good guy and he helped us.

Mark you will get one, leave Mel at home.

Excuse me Norm!!! Thats not very nice... Marky would probably starve or eat packets of chips for 3 days if I didn't go :P he he

Thanks again everyone for an amazing weekend of laughs and fishing! And a much as I know Sasha was jealous, I had a beautiful day on Saturday with a glass of wine and a rod in hand soaking up the afternoon sun. I couldn't think of a better way to unwind after the craziness of OEFY at work. Somehow you guys picked the most perfect weekend for it.

Next year Jason... and maybe Mark... that'll be your time to catch a big 2m one or something... I just know it! I promise I won't sleep through it all next time :P

And massive kudos to the two kayak guys... maaaaan, I don't know how you do it! Brrr

I think just being in the social was part of the fun.

I want to know who owns the boat about 4.5m with the red/brown canopy ?

I notice you had your rods rig with a small red and yellow float and I forgot to ask who it was and where did you get the floats? I love floats and have a mad collection of blackfish floats hand made, I fish with my grandsons using floats and I think yours would be idea.

thanks norm

Thought I would add a few photos of our awesome social. The kids have not stopped raving about it and want me to take them again these school holidays! I might just have too! :)

post-24974-0-77500700-1467613057_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-28235100-1467613275_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-44145600-1467613312_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-09939200-1467613348_thumb.jpg

I would love to see the photos from the pirate ship???

Especially all the fish they caught!!! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest 4myson

What a TOP weekend !!! And I'm not just saying that because I took out 1st place (but I'm glad I did) ... It was a true pleasure to be among fellow fisherman & Mel who made my & Anthony's weekend one to remember & thanks to everyone that made our newest father & son team Warren & Jake feel welcomed as well . A BIG special thank you to Stewy & Donna for taking the time to organise such a great event & also would like to thank Harold for what he has done for the Fishraider family. Also Harold it was a pleasure to meet your wife & son Jeremy. BTW Scratchie it took 3 hairtails to make that 1 ....LOL....

I would love to see the photos from the pirate ship???

Especially all the fish they caught!!! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Jeff

I would love to show those pictures but there aren't any!

When the Rum barrels opened we must have forgotten to take photos.

Hang on a sec I did send one to Donna.

I'm not brave enough to put it in a post, due to the threat of violence.

Dave

When you are that Yo Ho Ho.

You see all sorts on a dark cold night. It's clearly a contagious condition as we all saw the same species.!

Some even wanted to take photos they were so impressed!

I think it's time everyone moved on. The flag has been won for drinking the most rum.

On a final note. I wish I had got to meet more faces. And.... Paid a little more attention to your advice Jeff... We picked a quiet spot.. And it was just that..

Here's to next time..

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Team Scratchie, some real nice photos there and I must say I personally was very impressed at just how keen you all are It was that cold for me I could not even sit down towards the end of the night but you guys just kept on going. you guys have something real special going on there!!! as a kid I was always keen on fishing but My family did not share my interst and it was a rare occasion that we got out.. I hope you catch a few more before the end of the holidays!!!

Well done once again,

Regards,

Nathan

I think just being in the social was part of the fun.

I want to know who owns the boat about 4.5m with the red/brown canopy ?

I notice you had your rods rig with a small red and yellow float and I forgot to ask who it was and where did you get the floats? I love floats and have a mad collection of blackfish floats hand made, I fish with my grandsons using floats and I think yours would be idea.

thanks norm

Hi Norm,

That was me. Carl_131 and I were using the floats on our rigs.

We got them from a Korean fishing tackle store in Rowe Street, Eastwood.

They are an EVA 3 float made from closed cell plastic. They have a recess in the top to hold a battery powered small red LED indicator light that easily lasts all night on one tiny battery.

It takes a 2 bean sinker to nicely balance the float rig when you have a whole pilchard on.

We also used waterproof flashing battery powered attractor lights down on the leader just above the bait.

Regards

Peter

post-30184-0-01299900-1467628918_thumb.jpg