Is it time yet

Asaltweapon

Ok now I'm heading out. Every year it seams that every one sits on their hands and hibernates in their warm homes waiting for the fist post,that first picture, the first story from the guy at the local tackle shop. Well not me I'm hoping to get the first photo and tell the first story. It has to be tuna time, the BoM water charts have been showing a lot of swirling water around 21 off Sydney within my reach and this Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be out to Browns then east trolling for the big blues and yellows of the sea. Wish me luck, oh by the way I've got about 8 kg of pilchards for each day will that do. Should I get more and is anyone else going out. ????

I like your enthusiasm...

I havent tried winter gamefishing before as I have a small 16ft tinny. So im waiting for a report thats within reach....

But I hope to go out soon but looking only around 12 mile for whatever happens to be there...

Hope you are one of the first to get onto something. Look forward to the report

I headed out to Browns on fri. It was sloppy to say the least. We trolled from the shelf to browns but pulled the plug once we got there. It was getting pretty hairy.

Temperature was still quite warm (22 degrees).

Hi

If weather permits, I'll be heading out on Wednesday, plan is to troll for half day , then spend a few hours bashing the bottom at Browns for some bread n butter fish.

Call sign is Black Marlin.

I never take trap bait only the individually frozen stuff I'm taking 14 kg for Tuesday and on Wednesday I've got 8 kg left in the freezer to go with what's left from Tuesday, I hope the sea has died down I'm pumped ready for action. One last minute prayer to the fish gods. I hope I've got a photo for you all tomorrow.

I never take trap bait only the individually frozen stuff I'm taking 14 kg for Tuesday and on Wednesday I've got 8 kg left in the freezer to go with what's left from Tuesday, I hope the sea has died down I'm pumped ready for action. One last minute prayer to the fish gods. I hope I've got a photo for you all tomorrow.

How did you go? The conditions looked pretty good out there!

The issue ATM is its not only there's no reports but the SST data is also no good?

That huge downwelling is not helping and currents dont seam quite right

Really hope you find them as its a painful wait till they arrive

Soon as the data supports it we will be out looking, maybe we will have a shot saturday even it it doesn't

Call sign "My Molly"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Tuesday omg the biggest tuna I've Sean in real life and the most pain I've ev experienced, know one could have prepared me for that, it's going to take days of recovery. We had 5 of 6 rods in the spread go of omg not prepared for that either omg we landed 2 yellows from that troll lost two lures as well omg mayhem mayhem then we cubed hab 110 plus in my opinion tuna at the back of the boat omg so so big and strong I was not prepared for the power and fight its truely the hardest test I've endured I lost 2 big big fish the biggest one we saw him 3 times throughout the fight then Finley near the boat the hook snapped it just snapped.............. The second after 1:45mins into the fight the trace snapped near the boat clean cut from a tooth I would say, one long day omg. Wednesday back again same troll result nil, cubed 4 hours for one big bule shark nothing not a bite my arms are so saw its not funny. ps very close to Browns..

Tuesday omg the biggest tuna I've Sean in real life and the most pain I've ev experienced, know one could have prepared me for that, it's going to take days of recovery. We had 5 of 6 rods in the spread go of omg not prepared for that either omg we landed 2 yellows from that troll lost two lures as well omg mayhem mayhem then we cubed hab 110 plus in my opinion tuna at the back of the boat omg so so big and strong I was not prepared for the power and fight its truely the hardest test I've endured I lost 2 big big fish the biggest one we saw him 3 times throughout the fight then Finley near the boat the hook snapped it just snapped.............. The second after 1:45mins into the fight the trace snapped near the boat clean cut from a tooth I would say, one long day omg. Wednesday back again same troll result nil, cubed 4 hours for one big bule shark nothing not a bite my arms are so saw its not funny. ps very close to Browns..

So you had some success ay?

Have you put a post and photos up?

I've got the first fight on go pro until it ran out of battery and parts on my phone I need a different hdmi cable to get video of the go pro silver apparently soon as I get that and figger out how to up load it you will see not sure y anyone would tell that tall a tale but what ever. I'll excepted your humble apology if any one knows how to get the footage off a GoPro silver 3 please tell me, then I'll upload the go pro stuff.

I've got the first fight on go pro until it ran out of battery and parts on my phone I need a different hdmi cable to get video of the go pro silver apparently soon as I get that and figger out how to up load it you will see not sure y anyone would tell that tall a tale but what ever. I'll excepted your humble apology if any one knows how to get the footage off a GoPro silver 3 please tell me, then I'll upload the go pro stuff.

As you can appreciate gamefishing is a very costly exercise. The gamefishing members of this site are very experienced and dedicated fishos that provide a lot of creditable information to this forum. We also have vast network of information to draw from. Sorry if you post seems rather fictional to some members but no one here would send anyone out chasing shadows!

Thank you for your post and I look forward to your video if you get the chance to publish it!

Regards scratchie mod team

Hi mate if you have a smart phone simply download the gopro app and either save the video to your phone and upload that way or screen shot parts of it.

I second what scratchie is saying people are just probaly antsing up as it does seem very full on for such an early report and ppl dont wanna spend hundreds on fuel bait ice etc based on one report.

Ps up here on goldy a bloke came in at southport marina with a small yft. Nothing bragging of size but I did visually see it with my own eyes. Said he caught it drifting and cubing with pillies but caught on a live garie?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk