Registering a car in nsw for first time

NaClH2OK9

Hi guys. Sorry off topic for fishing but I need some advice.

I'm looking to buy a car that was qld reg but just expired.

Excluding obvious costs to make sure she is safe.

What does it cost to register a 2nd hand car in nsw?

Thanks

Steve

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

You will need a Blue Slip to register it in NSW which is the same as a pink slip (Safety inspection) but include a Vehicle identification check last time i got a blue slip it was $50, not all mechanics are able to do blue slips but there is a lot around.

Then take the blue slip, proof of purchase receipt and your greenslip insurance to the RMS and then it's the normal RMS fee to register the car.

Be careful buying cars from Queensland . Bit of a scam going on up there where repairable write offs are bought from nsw repaired in QLD and registered. If youre unlucky enough to buy one of these you will not be able to register in NSW. In NSW a write off is a write off.

You'll incur stamp duty as well $32 + 2 or3% of the sale price or market value whichever is greatest.

Make sure you do a full revs check (Veda full report) $40 could save you thousands. Just recently I was looking to buy a car did the relevant inquiries found that it had a 100 000 wind back full report should tell you if the car has been written off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Fozzy

That's great advice Fozzy.

I've done a check and the car was written off in ACT in 2008 as economic repairable write off.

It must have been a bit of a mess at 4 years old.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk