Entertaining bass video

jdanger

Good to see you guys enjoying your work. Great video footage. What sort of video gear did you use and how do you put it together on Youtube? Please explain it as if you were talking to an older person who is not a computer or video nerd, but is genuinely interested. Cheers jdanger.

Cheers!

Big Neil, the camera used is a shimano sports camera. Pretty similar to a gopro in function. Basically a small waterproof digital video camera I can stick on my head or chest.

Once I'm done recording, I take the SD card out of the camera and stick it in the computer. The files are opened using Windows Movie Maker which is a basic video editor that comes standard on most Windows computers.

From there it's just a matter of adding a song I like, cutting out the boring bits and chopping the rest up to fit the music.

Once I'm satisfied the clip is interesting enough to pass the disinterested missus test, it goes to YouTube.

Easy enough process, but a bit time consuming.

Cheers!

Big Neil, the camera used is a shimano sports camera. Pretty similar to a gopro in function. Basically a small waterproof digital video camera I can stick on my head or chest.

Once I'm done recording, I take the SD card out of the camera and stick it in the computer. The files are opened using Windows Movie Maker which is a basic video editor that comes standard on most Windows computers.

From there it's just a matter of adding a song I like, cutting out the boring bits and chopping the rest up to fit the music.

Once I'm satisfied the clip is interesting enough to pass the disinterested missus test, it goes to YouTube.

Easy enough process, but a bit time consuming.

Thanks very much for explaining the equipment and process, in language that I understand. I have done that using still photographs and added music. Good to see that it's a fairly simple process with video, too. Much appreciated jdanger. Neil