Champion spark plug codes

brett985

The difference between the ql78yc and the ql82c is that one plug is a slightly hotter plug being the ql78yc which will have a slightly longer insulator nose compared to the ql82c.

Both plugs are copper core plugs with a 14mm thread,1/2 inch reach and13/16 hex.

I would recommend using Ngk's and if memory serves me right you want to run either-

Bpr8hs-10

Br6hs

There's various others that can be used also but those two will get you out of trouble.

The main thing with spark plugs is ensuring you have the correct reach into the combustion chamber otherwise if you install a longer plug if can collide with the piston causing extensive damage to the engine.

Hope this helps and I'm off to bed.

Thanks for the reply Fab1, so is 82 cooler than 78? Or are the numbers broken down further? Also why do you recommend NGK?

Im sorry mate I told you the wrong thing.I had Ngk on my mind.

The heat range for champion spark plugs gets hotter as the number increases,a 78 spark plug is colder than a 82.

With the Ngk's the sparkplug gets hotter as the number decreases ie a br8hs10 is colder than a br7hs10 another note is the 10 at the end signifies that these plugs have a 1mm gap at the centre electrode.

In regards to makes of sparkplugs they will all do the job provided you are using the correct plugs gapped correctly for your application but have found over the years the Ngk's or Denso's to be the best value for money,long lasting and reliable plugs money can buy.

In my opinion they out perform the champions,Bosch which both have failed me over the years even straight out of the box where the Ngk's and Denso's are yet to.

Good luck with whichever way you wish to go and as before hope this helps you out.

Cheers.