Lowrance sounder not showing temperature

brad_tate

Hi all,

I have a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2 Touch fitted to my boat and recently it has stopped reading the water temperature. It just shows 0 degrees. I have the standard Lowrance transducer fitted (200/50 KHz I think). The transducer is externally mounted on the stern and originally worked perfectly.

In my most recent trip to Tuross Lake it also had quite a few problems reading at speed despite pretty good water clarity, and took a long time to come good when we slowed down.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Is it as simple as a failing transducer that needs to be replaced?

If so, does anyone have transducer recommendations?

Our boating is mainly Estuary, with some inshore work.

I am having no other issues, and have the latest software installed.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest 4myson

I had similar issues with mine not reading at speed & rang Lowrance direct & they talked me through as to how to reset the unit & have since not had any troubles . They were very helpfull ...Give them a call.

Tastee, if you need a second transducer to confirm that yours is going cactus then im happy to lend you out my old HST-WSBL 83/200KHz. That was you can just plug it in your HDS7, stick the transducer in a bucket of water and see if it reads temp.

Let me know if you want to go that way before you start ripping your transducer off your boat.

• 3 weeks later...

4myson you were on the mark I think. I consulted Dr Google and this seems to be a common problem. The recommended solution of going to the network settings and resetting the temp sensor config did the trick.

I am guessing that one of the software updates I have applied recently changed the settings and made the unit try to take temperature input from a (non-existent) dedicated unit instead of from the local transducer. After resetting it to local all is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Tastee