Nambucca River 21/6

finally got a chance to have a fish this morning, so with some new sx40's I hit the breakwall and surrounds.

After about an hour of half hearted follows and not much else, i relocated to a small reefy flat and straight away a small cod atleast it was a fish

post-37135-0-41691500-1466483005_thumb.jpg

spent some more time casting the area with only a 10cm moses perch

decided to call it quits and head for home I had one more spot to try on the way home.

Pulled up at said spot which is an old fallen tree its the only decent piece of structure in about a 200m stretch.

After a couple of casts I felt a small tap on the pause and some legal bream followed the lure to the edge and immediately spooked, things were looking bleak.

Decided to cast for a cod (there are lots here) slow rolling the lure right against the snag .... BANG.. and the drag was screaming immediately thought cod and was surprised to see a cracker of a bream tearing off amongst the sticks after a very nervous tussle out he came, 38cm a new pb and a big fish for this system

post-37135-0-27674200-1466483015_thumb.jpg

Then the GT's arrived at one point a fish a cast all around 30cm, a fun way to finish off what was looking to be a lost cause earlier in the morning

post-37135-0-87288600-1466483022_thumb.jpg

cheers for reading

Dave