Fiji honeymoon fishing advice!

Witha

G'day raiders!

Well. I'm tying the knot in a weeks time, and our honeymoon is in Fiji for 10 days!

Now. My darling almost - wife rolled her eyes when I said I was taking my travel rod and a few lures (just in case) but she did say she'd like to get a charter for me as a wedding present!

Firstly, looking for advice on charter operators (pm only please if they are not raider associates) for some either in shore, off shore, popping reef fishing and trolling as a last resort. Have been reading up and it seems it's a mixed bag of dodgy operators and gems.

Secondly, apparently there are a few land based options just for a cheeky flick, I was going to run my 9ft 4-7kg rod with a 5k sustain and 30lb braid and leader. If this is a bit stupid let me know (too light for decent stuff too heavy for light work etc.) Taking a couple of stick baits and poppers over, few hbs maybe, might take plastics if they're useful.

Any info or past experiences would be great. Regardless of the fishing it's still going to be great to escape the wedding planning horror story haha.

Cheers

Witha

Hey mate. Sorry cant help ya with any charters or places to fish but one word of advice is dont pack your reel in your carry on luggage. My mate done it flying from syd to goldy and they made him strip his reel and throw out 60 bucks of braid.

Good luck over there and congrats for next weekend

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Good luck on your wedding day Ben! A shame you didn't invite everyone on Fishraider! Lol.

All the best with the day and your honeymoon. By the sounds of it, a catch of a lifetime! Best of luck to you both!

Sorry, no advice on charters or fishing spots either! But a bit of life advice, put the pants on and never take them off :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Mate

Going there to Malolo Island in about 4 weeks, for a week.

Let me know i you find any thing good.

The missus wasn't overly impressed to see me sizing up my Ian Miller 3 pce traveler to my suit case BUT -->only there once!

JD

Edited by Johndory

Guest 4myson

Congrats on the BIG DAY !!!

Hey mate. Sorry cant help ya with any charters or places to fish but one word of advice is dont pack your reel in your carry on luggage. My mate done it flying from syd to goldy and they made him strip his reel and throw out 60 bucks of braid.

Good luck over there and congrats for next weekend

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Whats the reason for removing the Braid ??? I just got back from surfers last week & had 2 reels spooled with braid in my carry on & nothing was said ....Going there or coming back ....

Edited by 4myson

Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials Ben and wife to be. This honeymoon is a chance in a lifetime opportunity, so don't waste it by laying in bed all day...plenty of time for that when you get back. Doesn't look like you're going to get much help on this forum so get online and gather some potential leads before you head off. Good luck with the fishing and even better luck for your future together. Cheers.

Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials Ben and wife to be. This honeymoon is a chance in a lifetime opportunity, so don't waste it by laying in bed all day...plenty of time for that when you get back. Doesn't look like you're going to get much help on this forum so get online and gather some potential leads before you head off. Good luck with the fishing and even better luck for your future together. Cheers.

There is plenty of help on the forum - use the search and contact the member/s for info ;)

Congrats and enjoy that honeymoon Ben :)

Hi Ben, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals, although I find this post rather funny in a way. Honeymoons are her deal as is the wedding (you will learn this) and are supposed to be all about you and her in a romantic location, I'm sure you won't see anything in regards to fishing in the Honeymoon travel locations magazines etc and there is a reason for that (you will learn this) so in fact you are pre loading her for future disagreements you will have (you will learn this) and it will be brought up over and over aqain to make you feel bad. However since she is being very generous in actually wanting to organize a fishing trip for you whilst on honeymoon it could be a great opportunity to talk about a man cave, fishing boat, V8 or 4WD (to tow the big boat) if this doesn't work at least include her on the fishing charter and let her clean the fish as a way of saying thanks,lol. So in later years when she mentions how she let you go fishing on the honeymoon you can mention that you let her tag along and clean the fish and that it was a 'together romantic thing' (you will learn this)

Just angling for a bit of a laugh and no offence is intended to you or your bride Ben and I hope you have a great wedding day and honeymoon. My wife and I are cruising in August to the Islands including Fiji and in our cruiselines brochure on shore tours there is a fishing charters advertised out of Pt Denarau and covers trolling for marlin and big fish or you can reef bomb, I won't mention the cruiseline incase I upset Mrs Swordfisherman but it's the 'PO'pular one in Australia.

Cheers Stu

Hi Ben, congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals, although I find this post rather funny in a way. Honeymoons are her deal as is the wedding (you will learn this) and are supposed to be all about you and her in a romantic location, I'm sure you won't see anything in regards to fishing in the Honeymoon travel locations magazines etc and there is a reason for that (you will learn this) so in fact you are pre loading her for future disagreements you will have (you will learn this) and it will be brought up over and over aqain to make you feel bad. However since she is being very generous in actually wanting to organize a fishing trip for you whilst on honeymoon it could be a great opportunity to talk about a man cave, fishing boat, V8 or 4WD (to tow the big boat) if this doesn't work at least include her on the fishing charter and let her clean the fish as a way of saying thanks,lol. So in later years when she mentions how she let you go fishing on the honeymoon you can mention that you let her tag along and clean the fish and that it was a 'together romantic thing' (you will learn this)

Just angling for a bit of a laugh and no offence is intended to you or your bride Ben and I hope you have a great wedding day and honeymoon. My wife and I are cruising in August to the Islands including Fiji and in our cruiselines brochure on shore tours there is a fishing charters advertised out of Pt Denarau and covers trolling for marlin and big fish or you can reef bomb, I won't mention the cruiseline incase I upset Mrs Swordfisherman but it's the 'PO'pular one in Australia.

Cheers Stu

Geez Stu I might actually give Ben the REAL drum on how to proceed with a good marriage. Rule one is NOT to plant seeds on the honeymoon about man caves, fishing boats, v8's or 4wd. You may find she starts to look elsewhere down the track for other things! Plenty of fishos that end up lonely and just in their mancave playing with their tackle heh heh. Having said that I have also seen lots leave fishraider for a few years and return with lovely children who join in the fun of fishing. You can mention P and O cruises Stu and let me know if that charter is any good (via pm of course)

Here is a great pic of member THE SWEENEY's daughter on her wedding day - you can talk to him at the Hairtail Social

post-869-0-30396900-1466810753_thumb.jpg

Another member and his bride

post-869-0-57950600-1466810903_thumb.jpg

There is plenty of help on the forum - use the search and contact the member/s for info ;)

Congrats and enjoy that honeymoon Ben :)

Hey Donna, my comment to Ben was merely a reflection of the half dozen replies to his post which congratulated him on his forthcoming nuptials...but offered no constructive assistance to his fishing in Fiji plight. My reply was a "tongue in cheek" comment about his trip. It was NOT intended as a slight on the capability for members to find relevant information (on any number of subject matter), which this site provides. I am disappointed to think that my comment was considered, in any way, a slight on this fantastic site which you and Swordy provide for the members. Cheers, Neil

Hey Donna, my comment to Ben was merely a reflection of the half dozen replies to his post which congratulated him on his forthcoming nuptials...but offered no constructive assistance to his fishing in Fiji plight. My reply was a "tongue in cheek" comment about his trip. It was NOT intended as a slight on the capability for members to find relevant information (on any number of subject matter), which this site provides. I am disappointed to think that my comment was considered, in any way, a slight on this fantastic site which you and Swordy provide for the members. Cheers, Neil

Not what you thought Neil at all. I was pushing my point to use the search engine as people often forget and I also knew that he would get all the leads he needed to follow up his query. Don't be disappointed at all Neil you are a very loyal member here indeed.

Cant wait for Ben's report when he returns or he may even do a "live report" from Fiji :)