Indonesian recipe on Black drummer

fishythings

Hi Raiders,

Thought I would share with you this grilled Black Drummers with Indonesian recipe.

After scaling, gutting and removing the black lining I made some scores on both sides. Put some lemon juice over the whole fish and its cavity.

Bring some grated ginger and lemongrass to boil on 100 ml cooking oil and brush it to both sides of the fish.

Put some grated ginger, coriander and shredded green shallot into the fish cavity. Put salt and pepper over the whole fish and its cavity.

Grill the fish on high heat charcoal griller for 12 minutes each side, actually it depends on how big the fish are.

When it is cooked place the fish in the plate and put some coriander and shredded chili as garnish.

You can enjoy it with sambal bajak that you can get it from Asian grocery or make it from scratch.

Thanks for reading.

Andy

post-8176-0-45610800-1466831574_thumb.jpg

post-8176-0-84759900-1466831625_thumb.jpg

Guest Guest123456789

Wow that does look great!! I like the idea of infusing the oil with ginger and lemongrass. What else could I infuse oil with??? Got me thinking now.....

flatheadluke, on 01 Jul 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Wow that does look great!! I like the idea of infusing the oil with ginger and lemongrass. What else could I infuse oil with??? Got me thinking now.....

Hi Luke,

You can do the same thing with chilli and garlic, and then brush it to the whole fish especially on the slit. Originally they use coconut oil for it, it tastes better.

I didn’t do it, as my grandson doesn’t like the taste of chilli.

Andy

Guest Guest123456789

Yep I think you're right fresh chilli, garlic and I reckon some fresh lemon zest. Mmmmm