Anyone tuna fishing this weekend 9/7off Sydney

I am thinking about heading out wide looking for Tuna but not sure about the weather, Bom is calling under a metre seas for Sat and Sun but a lot of swell. BOM only have to get the wind a little bit wrong to make it really rough.

If I do go, it will probably be Sun afternoon and I'll try to get 5hrs trolling in wide of Browns. Either that or I stay in close and do a bit of trolling for Kings off Long Reef again, its close and flat in a westerly. I'm just looking for easy options these days :)

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

I'm hoping to head out of Botany for tuna on sunday, the others are planning both days. Does anyone have an opinion on the temp break south of the southern canyons on the inside of the big depression vs the warmer water on the inside of the upwelling northeast of browns. It appears that the fish earlier in the week down around Batemans and Bermi might have been squashed between the upwelling and the coast and that eddy may be being pushed back down the coast. I'm not sure if there is a chance a few fish snuck through the gap as the currents were turning back before the weather, or if there were also fish out wider in the cold water that came around the outside of the depression and up into the top of the cold eddy south of the southern canyons.

The wind and swell conditions down the coast look better for the weekend than Sydney if a weekend trip were an option but not for us.

I'm hoping to head out of Botany for tuna on sunday, the others are planning both days. Does anyone have an opinion on the temp break south of the southern canyons on the inside of the big depression vs the warmer water on the inside of the upwelling northeast of browns. It appears that the fish earlier in the week down around Batemans and Bermi might have been squashed between the upwelling and the coast and that eddy may be being pushed back down the coast. I'm not sure if there is a chance a few fish snuck through the gap as the currents were turning back before the weather, or if there were also fish out wider in the cold water that came around the outside of the depression and up into the top of the cold eddy south of the southern canyons.

The wind and swell conditions down the coast look better for the weekend than Sydney if a weekend trip were an option but not for us.

I agree with you, south is probably better, the current looks a bit better south as well. This is the best map I could find from rip charts. Its still 20.5 and 21 in places off Sydney. At the back of Browns it goes to about 19.5. The Bluefin that Dave(Croydon, well done mate) was caught in 19.6, there's similar water temp off Sydney in places, so there is a chance they're this far up now.

If I go out, I might start at Browns, go east and try to find 19.x then follow it south. The bitch for me is its going blow up Northerly in the arvo, so i'll get cross wind all the way back to Sydney. Even if the BFT aren't here there's still albacore and YFT, I'd be happy with an Albacore or 2. 3 Albacore and a YFT on the cube were caught on Monday that went 125kg. Good luck

post-22587-0-50578500-1467961997_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Boys

I'm heading out of the Hacking on Sunday and heading south east. I figure if im prepared to push far enough S/E i will find the right water. Yes there is a chance east, wide of Browns but i believe the better odds still lie S/E and Im prepared to go along way if needs be then circle back N/E and follow the wind back in.

Johno

Hoping to go south east out of Sydney, cal sign kadavu, probobly going to be a game of luck but looks like the temp break has moved a bit south on one of the temp charts anyone got any updates from today so far?

Boys

I'm heading out of the Hacking on Sunday and heading south east. I figure if im prepared to push far enough S/E i will find the right water. Yes there is a chance east, wide of Browns but i believe the better odds still lie S/E and Im prepared to go along way if needs be then circle back N/E and follow the wind back in.

Johno

for sure, I'd be heading as far south as I could as well, but I gotta run back into Sydney, so I won't be able to venture as far south as the guys leaving from Port or Botany, I'm just hoping south of Browns or Southern Canyons will fire

this the latest map, its really patchy, but it does look like that cooler break is at the back of Browns, so there might be hope for those of us who can't venture too far south, good luck tomorrow

call sign happy hooker 2

post-22587-0-52530200-1468031022_thumb.jpg

Used to use sea surface but been experimenting with different sites, do you have a link for that one?

Been listening to the radio apparently reports of fish each of Browns and out of Sydney but their not confirming exactly where apparently Gale Force had a multiple hookup

Used to use sea surface but been experimenting with different sites, do you have a link for that one?

Been listening to the radio apparently reports of fish each of Browns and out of Sydney but their not confirming exactly where apparently Gale Force had a multiple hookup

www.ripcharts.com

that's unreal if the report is correct, tomorrow could be good

Had some mates out off Batemans Bay yesterday, caught a few 30kg bluefin 70 fathoms to the shelf. Good reports of fish caught between Bermagui and Batemans Bay, mainly school fish 30 - 70kg. Cheers..........

Dave

Do you guys fish with trailer boats or big game boats. I have a 5.7 formosa tomahawk and want to get into tuna fishing. Id love to tag along in my own boat with someone to learn a few things soon. Have been outside heaps for dollies and so forth but want to learn a few things about tuna fishing instead of launching and heading east aimlessly trolling around.