Best lures for night sand shallows fishing

savit

Hi All,

What lures and retrieves would you suggest for night sand shallows (<1m) fishing?:

- with and without current

- full moon and black nights

- different tide stages

Thank you.

My favourite night time lures especially in shallow water are various 38mm cranks, usually in a clear colour. You don't have to spend big, I usually throw a 50c crank around most nights before bed (confidence isn't hindered by fears of losing a lure). Believe it or not you can get fish on the surface in winter too. If you know any spots where estuary perch school up they will hammer a small popper or surface walker.

As for colours they usually say that dark conditions = dark lures (e.g dark night/dark water colour, use something with a solid silhouette) and light conditions = light colours (clear water, plenty of light)

e16efc71222f7f7b9ea670efe3071080.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pafisho08 and Adsy91 - Thank you very much. Do you mind to answer several other questions?

I have had results using metal vibes (ie TT 1/8&1/4) . Use a sent also like S-Factor & colours gold & orange

- Up to what minimal depth do you find comfortable fishing with metal vibes?

- Which metal lure hole do you use for lure connection for fishing in shallows - top front or top rear?

- How often do you apply S-factor?

My favourite night time lures especially in shallow water are various 38mm cranks, usually in a clear colour. You don't have to spend big, I usually throw a 50c crank around most nights before bed (confidence isn't hindered by fears of losing a lure). Believe it or not you can get fish on the surface in winter too. If you know any spots where estuary perch school up they will hammer a small popper or surface walker.
As for colours they usually say that dark conditions = dark lures (e.g dark night/dark water colour, use something with a solid silhouette) and light conditions = light colours (clear water, plenty of light)

- what max rating braid/leader would you use for such light lures? what leader length? I have small tailor in my area that would test all light leaders.

- do you mind to PM me your source of small cranks at the mentioned cost?

- what side of tide (or may be change of tide) do you find more productive for shallows?

- what's your favorite retrieve technique for cranks for shallows?

Guys, any other favorite lures or suggestions for night shallows fishing ?

Pafisho08 and Adsy91 - Thank you very much. Do you mind to answer several other questions?

- Up to what minimal depth do you find comfortable fishing with metal vibes?

- Which metal lure hole do you use for lure connection for fishing in shallows - top front or top rear?

- How often do you apply S-factor?

- what max rating braid/leader would you use for such light lures? what leader length? I have small tailor in my area that would test all light leaders.

- do you mind to PM me your source of small cranks at the mentioned cost?

- what side of tide (or may be change of tide) do you find more productive for shallows?

- what's your favorite retrieve technique for cranks for shallows?

Guys, any other favorite lures or suggestions for night shallows fishing ?

-For line and leader, I usually go with 6lb braid (sometimes 8) with an 8lb leader of about 1.5m long

-I usually find an hour into the run in or the end of the run out to produce more fish.

-for the retrieve style, I find a slow steady roll with a few weak twitches on the way back works really well. What I mean by weak twitches is that whilst you are retrieving at a slow steady pace don't "twitch" like a soft plastic you more or less want to just apply a little more speed to the lure for a few seconds by pulling the lure through the water using your rod tip (keeping up the retrieve as you do so).

Will send a pm with a link to the cranks I use

We always found that black lures/surface poppers worked best at night fishing for cod.

I'm finding the same patterns really. Dark conditions dark lures. The only time it's different for me is with e.p's, they really love the clear colours even at night (admittedly around street lights).