Sunday 17th july

richyb

Hi all. We went out on sunday in hope to catch our first tuna. Unfortunately we didnt turn a reel all day. Also on the radio it seems that no one caught as well. I did hear someone say they caught 2 40kg yellowfin 8 miles north of browns and another that caught a stripe marlin. That was it. Besides no fish, weather was amazing, especially in the afternoon. Was really nice just to be out there. I was hoping to go out on tuesday as weather is still looking good. Hope our luck changes. Any thoughts on where to go? We started trolling from browns then headed south east for 30km then looped back towards browns temp was mostly 20.7 to 21 and lots of scattered birds around too.

I went out yesterday of Botany Bay to the sth canyons. We set the spread at 200 fathoms water temperature 19.5 head east water lifted to 21.9 at 800 fathoms. Then traversed SE back to the 200 fathom line. We caught one 8kg yellow fin early in 400 fathoms temperature 19.8. a few other boats caught around this location. Radio was busy with sizable fish at the Kiama canyons. lots of birds flying around didn't see any bait. Traveled 110 NM.

Long day

dogbox

There was a current line and a bit of a temp break similar to those temps along the top of the shelf from browns to the southern canyons. The current line had sauries and scattered birds. We caught a couple of stripies but no fin. We sounded fish that were down 300m in the afternoon at the southern canyons and cubed but couldn't catch them. There was no wind but we were moving at about 2 knots with the current.

A few Yellowfin off J.B, were taken on the 17th, around the 60kg mark.

1000 fathoms seemed to be the place.

In a bit closer, one boat fished both days and didnt turn a reel, so it is a bit hit and miss.

Heard Bluefin and Yellowfin, were sighted on the surface out there. A few Albies and small yellowfin were also taken.

I'm heading out tomorrow for another look any day on the water is better than at work. Anybody else heading out around southern canyons?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes mate I'm out tomorrow! Happy to share intel. Call sign "my sanity" or just yell scratchie!!!

we got zero on Sunday, we were at southern canyons on Sunday arvo, we found the break that went from 20.5 to about 19.5 that looked promising for BFT and YFT which we worked for around 3hrs.

I had a mate who went out today said that break has now moved all the way to Wollongong. It's moving south very quickly. He said he heard over the radio that few Jelly Bean Tuna were caught today mainly off Kiama and there was a marlin caught as well. It was 21.5 around Browns and Southern Canyons and even warmer in places.

I hope there is a SBT run off Sydney, but the water seems a bit warm off Sydney ATM. You might have to try to get your boat south to get amongst them.

I blame global warming :)

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures