Land based - Rose Bay, Watson's Bay, Neilsen Park (HELP!)

Niall

G'day Everyone,

I'm looking for an old sea dog to adopt me for a couple of sessions and show me where I'm going wrong. I haven't been fishing since I was a pup, but I just recently inherited a bunch of my Granddads fishing rods and wanted to give it a go. He's in his mid nineties now and dealing with dementia, so I'd like to show him a picture of me with a fish to put a smile on his face. I'd also love to be able to catch the occasional fish or squid to eat : )

Being in Bellevue Hill, I figure I've got some options in the Harbour and possibly off the rocks on the coast when I get a little more confident. I'm a complete novice and am starting to get the picture that I won't be figuring this out from reading and watching youtube videos. I need an experienced hand.

I hear there's flathead to be had in Rose Bay (amongst other things) and that they're a good fish to target if you're learning.

Also I'd love to have a crack at getting some squid.

I've been out a handful of times myself trying with bait and SP's without any luck (obviously).

Anyone up for it? I've got a car, so can travel further afield if necessary. I also work shifts, so can usually get away on a weekday or a Sunday.

This coming Sunday morning would be great. Weather's looking good.

Niall

Hi Niall,

I'm not an expert as you looking for, but I live in Woollahra very close to you! I normally fish in Watson bay, Maroubra beach/rocks, Dawes point and so on.....

May be toughetar we can help each other!

Let me know if you are interested and send me PM.

Bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk