Offshore today

finin

Gday all,went out for a cruise today just to look around. Well lovelly morning out there barely any wind and swell around 1M and a bit with a nice period between. Water temps well its all just f@%#$ up out there lol 22- 24 from the heads to 1000f. Current well thats as above, one minute 2.5 sth then no current and going west with wind. Water colour purply blue and a little dull.

Sealife non existent, birdlife 2 albies and 1 lone tuna bird.

Just saw a nice photo of 110kg bluefin from Eden way. Thats it.

Edited by finin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the report, I'm still jealous, at least you got to go fishing :)

I haven't been out for while now, too much freakin work, i'm over it. This weekend looks good, but I got not no time. Might try to get out there next week. Good luck to anyone heading out.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Went today but very windy out there started of around 10kn before sunrise but gained strength to 25kn SW against about a metre sse swell.

Water at the heads was around 17 but.just ouside jad 21 and blue didnt seem.to be much current, just the wind.

We left the hacking before sunrise this morning. Trolled over browns out to 1200 fathoms then down to port Kembla in 2000 fathoms.

Didn't see a thing and never felt like we were going to catch a fish.

Very windy this morning and for most the day but the run home was nice.

Very long day buys that's fishing I guess.

Fished off JB to-day, Trolled as wide as 1000m (about 5 miles East of the Kink) yeah it was a bit windy out there, Got to 21.2 degrees, got one striped tuna.

Came back in over the shelf and found some good temp breaks (where the SST charts showed), eddies and current lines and bait in around 140m, trolled this area for a few hours for nothing.

Fished off JB on Saturday, didn't get out till approx 11am, had to wait for a mate to finish work (he bought us coffees so not all bad). Water temp was about 16.5 in the bay - we trolled up towards the Banks. Birds and dolphins everywhere, birds weren't doing much however we did find a large bait school. Crux of it is we got nothing! was a great day out with the wind completely dropping off by lunch - cracka of a day just no fish!

We left the hacking before sunrise this morning. Trolled over browns out to 1200 fathoms then down to port Kembla in 2000 fathoms.

Didn't see a thing and never felt like we were going to catch a fish.

Very windy this morning and for most the day but the run home was nice.

Very long day buys that's fishing I guess.

still jealous :) that's a big day, I might try to get an arvos trolling in this week, maybe Wednesday if I can find some time.

Quite a few boats got among fish down this way over the weekend. Nitro from Narooma had some yellowfin to 45kg as well as talk from a few others getting both yellowfin and bluefin.

Just annoying they are so far offshore.

Gday all, went wide for a look. Had wind on the harbour and it went all the way to the horizon 25kn of westerley all day, again on a southerley swell.

Had to dodge a whale on the way out that decided to breach in front of us, that was the days excitement. Water still around 22.7 and green out past the 12. Started to blue up wider and hit 24 over 400M. Over 1000f still the same. There are yellowfin around but way wide. Would of hated to be in a small boat today out wide.

We went in a mates 54 fter on the 14th but even in a big boat it really sucked.

When you have wind ,swell and current coming from different directions conditions are pretty crappy

I hope we get a good marlin season... I feel pretty ripped off regarding tuna.

Overdraft, on 27 Aug 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

When you have wind ,swell and current coming from different directions conditions are pretty crappy

Overdraft, on 27 Aug 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

rickmarlin62, on 28 Aug 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

im with u overdraft...4 yrs and many trips .no sbts ..unfortunately im going to inflict some revenge on mr stickface come summer...bring on the beakies....rick

true, even big boats roll around if its rough enough

agreed SBT fishing sucked this year, only a few YFT caught here and there and just a few BFT off Sydney. This was the first year in 4 yrs we didn't a get a BFT, that cold water didn't come up far enough. What do you do, blame god or global warming :) Anyway, that's fishing, who knows next year might be really a good season.

Gday all, basically the same as last week, 15-20kn early then began backing off after 10. Swell still south about 1M. Not much current up top but there is an underlying current running sth. There are fish about in good numbers all yellow, but still to wide for trailerboats. The fish have been here but weather hasnt helped alot. Water 20° to the 12 then only gets to 21and a bit around the shelf.

Heard a few boats around browns but nothing had been caught. Thats about it, generally all game boats roll around like their owners guts, top heavy money pits.

Edited by finin

Plenty of boats around Browns today, not much going on there. They said it was 18.5° out there.

We went out to the peak, was lumpy as coming back, we stopped for flatties and it eased off at 10:00 but around 12:30-1 it picked back up again as the forecast predicted.

There was a report of some 40kg fin SE of browns but it was disregarded with most people replying with "ok captain Pinocchio".